PDA

View Full Version : Toronto Hire

Danica13
03-29-2009, 11:00 AM
Toronto recruitment coming as early as spring 2009 - for a 2010 list.

Mangina
03-29-2009, 12:21 PM
Toronto recruitment coming as early as spring 2009 - for a 2010 list.

So umm... do I need my DZ to apply?

alwaysremember
03-29-2009, 12:23 PM
Breaking news!

FFSimioni
03-29-2009, 12:25 PM

Yes.. You can find out exactly what you need on the TFS website...
http://www.toronto.ca/fire/recruitment/pf.htm

FFStriker
03-29-2009, 12:48 PM
Hey Danica13,
Info from the Website or from personell?

Profire
03-29-2009, 12:51 PM
Thats a heck of a picture there Mangina

bunkergear
03-29-2009, 01:29 PM
Actually that is a disturbing picture MANGINA!!

SELFirefighter
03-29-2009, 08:24 PM

Most definately a disturbing picture. At this point, one must decide how bad he/she wants to be a firefighter. It should not be up to the FD to force an applicant to get their DZ, but for the applicant to take the Initiative to get it on their own, to show a FD just how bad you want. With that being said, I hope Toronto wants DZ/expierence/certification/Pre-service/NFPA 1001/CPR/First Aid/the proper attitude/professionalism ect. But thats just my opinion. Im just venting because im tired of seeing people who want to be firefighters just to get in a calendar/time off. What ever happend to the individuals who really want it. You know, the people who feel firefighting is their calling and not just a booty calling ???

TML3955
03-30-2009, 01:27 AM
Well Said!

SecondRow13
03-30-2009, 07:41 AM
Well said man... I totally agree, time for some people to focus on their dream like the rest of us...

SELFirefighter
03-30-2009, 07:49 AM
So what do you think Mangina??? For your first posting I think thats not a good way to enter this type of community. As for that picture, it's most innappropiate, especially from a wanna-be firefighter. Change the way you present yourself and just maybe you will earn our respect. Until then, in my opinion, "we" don't want to hear from you.

Good luck with your career...

dentedhead
03-30-2009, 08:29 AM
So what do you think Mangina??? For your first posting I think thats not a good way to enter this type of community. As for that picture, it's most innappropiate, especially from a wanna-be firefighter. Change the way you present yourself and just maybe you will earn our respect. Until then, in my opinion, "we" don't want to hear from you.

Give it a rest oh holy one..... ay carrumba we need a bit more fun around here.

Im willing to bet that pic is not of him,if it is he made his bed he can lay in it.

Dentedhead

Peel
03-30-2009, 08:39 AM

lighten up dude. you sound like a ton of fun.

FFSimioni
03-30-2009, 08:45 AM

I think you need a kitty to cool your nervse...

PFD023
03-30-2009, 08:48 AM
As far as Mangina's profile pic goes....I'm witholding all judgement until I see a photo taken from an alternative angle. An "alternative" angle if you will....lol

Lighten up guys....his photo might be offensive...but think of the pain he went through in order to make that shot happen....he may have suffered enough.

Roost
03-30-2009, 09:04 AM
I am in complete agreement with Dentedhead on this one.
As for the recruitment. It is on their website. I work part time with a Toronto Firefighter and from what he has told me, they were not pleased with some of the candidates from the last list, and thats why they are doing the recruitment one year after their last. He told me though to expect it this time in the fall. But he said to take it as stuff he has heard from the grapevine, so don't get mad if you are on one of the classes going through with Toronto right now.

NoHireNoFire
03-30-2009, 09:17 AM
What a load of BS! If they are really pissing and moaning about "some" of the people on the list then why the hell did they pass them through the interview I ask you? Most of the people on this site are smart enough to read through the politics involved with the recruitments these days and will be watching this cities hire practice like a freakn hawk! If they don't start at least the 4th class this year and then decide to run a "NEW" recruitment and fresh 1st class in the new year composed of primarily the same profiles as THIS 1st class then the shit is gonna hit the proverbial fan like it did in Hamilton on their last recruitment with the aleged bias hiring practices to fulfill a "quota".

With_Purpose
03-30-2009, 09:21 AM
I work part time with a Toronto Firefighter and from what he has told me, they were not pleased with some of the candidates from the last list, and thats why they are doing the recruitment one year after their last. He told me though to expect it this time in the fall. But he said to take it as stuff he has heard from the grapevine, so don't get mad if you are on one of the classes going through with Toronto right now.

gossip

We were told right from the start the list would end at the end of the year. Your "source" should stop slandering the applicants, as well as the others that have been hired and worry about himself. Right from one of the training officers in the acadamy "excellent group of candidates so far". That said a few lazy sob's will get through and eventually their king will be weeded out.

Iceman26
03-30-2009, 02:04 PM

You are using the term "our" and "we" when perhaps you should be saying "I" and "me". I'm pretty sure you didn't get the authority to represent every one here! You certainly don't represent me.

PFD023
03-30-2009, 03:10 PM
jeez louis....folks are uptight this afternoon....ganging up on anyone and everyone....it's no wonder pantoloc is too afraid to get back in here.

Pantoloc
03-30-2009, 03:51 PM
Oh I'm never afraid buddy, just bored with the topic, plus this Mangina dude seemed to be taking the brunt of it so I figured I would leave it alone. ahahhaha. I am glad to figure out that to impress Dented Head I just have to post a naked picture of myself though. Gives me some insight on how to get on his good side.

117fire
03-30-2009, 04:06 PM
What a load of BS! If they are really pissing and moaning about "some" of the people on the list then why the hell did they pass them through the interview I ask you? Most of the people on this site are smart enough to read through the politics involved with the recruitments these days and will be watching this cities hire practice like a freakn hawk! If they don't start at least the 4th class this year and then decide to run a "NEW" recruitment and fresh 1st class in the new year composed of primarily the same profiles as THIS 1st class then the shit is gonna hit the proverbial fan like it did in Hamilton on their last recruitment with the aleged bias hiring practices to fulfill a "quota".

I don't really understand what was wrong with Torontos hiring process this time around. It seems to be just like everyone elses. As for the pissing and Moaning I was in the first class and I would love to have anybody in that class on my truck, even the guy who was let go. 48 great candidates that got hired if you ask me.

FireGuy55
03-30-2009, 04:31 PM
I don't really understand what was wrong with Torontos hiring process this time around. It seems to be just like everyone elses. As for the pissing and Moaning I was in the first class and I would love to have anybody in that class on my truck, even the guy who was let go. 48 great candidates that got hired if you ask me.

What was he let go for?

LincweldR
03-30-2009, 04:56 PM
The information on the recruitment add is kind of unclear to me can someone please clairify? It says it is perfered to have NFPA 1001 or previous Full Time training. Then it goes on about a second exam for those people. So is this a requirement? I don't have these qualfications so should I even bother?

FiremanLGT
03-30-2009, 05:02 PM
What was he let go for?

Cole's Notes Version

:beerglass: :beer: :cheers: :motz: :vollkommenauf: :goodnight:

alwaysremember
03-30-2009, 05:35 PM
Cole's Notes Version

Priceless!

alwaysremember
03-30-2009, 05:36 PM

Just to add to that I was in class 2 and I completely agree.

dentedhead
03-30-2009, 05:48 PM
Oh I'm never afraid buddy, just bored with the topic, plus this Mangina dude seemed to be taking the brunt of it so I figured I would leave it alone. ahahhaha. I am glad to figure out that to impress Dented Head I just have to post a naked picture of myself though. Gives me some insight on how to get on his good side.

Where did I say I was impressed.You havent got the stones either literally or physically to do that.

Dentedhead

Pantoloc
03-30-2009, 07:24 PM
Where did I say I was impressed.You havent got the stones either literally or physically to do that.

Dentedhead

All the more reason to tuck em in my legs.

RugbyCanada
03-30-2009, 07:42 PM
The information on the recruitment add is kind of unclear to me can someone please clairify? It says it is perfered to have NFPA 1001 or previous Full Time training. Then it goes on about a second exam for those people. So is this a requirement? I don't have these qualfications so should I even bother?

Pretty straightforword dude.

Preferred is exactally that: preferred.

If you have the preferred quals that they ask for, and they are very well spelled out by TFS, you will be considered before candidates that do not have those quals.

The reason why they have a 2nd "test" for the preferred candidates is because some ppl may have the quals., but they may be 5 years old and rusty--therefor they get re-tested. As far as I am aware, {correct me if Im wrong} no-one on the preferred list failed the 2nd test.

It is not a requirement, as of yet, but that could change fairly quickly.

Otherwise, apply. Its $50 well spent, and you might have other unspecified requirements that TFS, the City and 3888 want in a man/woman. No tickie, no washy.

Cheers,

RC

FiremenBob
03-30-2009, 08:22 PM

Ummm I dunno about that. I was in the first class too and I wouldn't want to work with myself, let alone the other 47 dogeffers in our class

FiremenBob
03-30-2009, 08:25 PM
Cole's Notes Version

Hahah that is it in a nutshell, but just to be critical you forgot the notorious pink shirt that was part of the whole picture

Mangina
03-30-2009, 09:41 PM

Wow your uptight, you need to dance. I'll be at Croc Rock on Adelaide W this weekend, you should join me, I'll be the guy with my pants around my ankles. Na na na na na na...... na na na na.....na na na na na na na na...na na na na...NUH

Pantoloc
03-30-2009, 11:33 PM
Actually Rugby, clearly when they say that it is preferred they mean "doesn't really matter because will take non preferred first anyways." Hasn't that been shown in this current recruitment. Preferred doesn't mean anything.

Sammo76
03-31-2009, 05:30 AM
Give it a rest oh holy one..... ay carrumba we need a bit more fun around here.

Im willing to bet that pic is not of him,if it is he made his bed he can lay in it.

Dentedhead

gotta agree, i'd rather work with Mangina than some someone too uptight, or bitter, or too by the orange book.. laughing makes the day go fast. When the tones go, be professional in the public eye, but, the other 23.5 hours a day, laugh the day away.

smo

DonkeyKong
03-31-2009, 10:50 AM
Always --- What command did you end up at?
Maybe this time around I will be better prepared

SELFirefighter
03-31-2009, 01:00 PM
Seems like I got carried away, ive been big time stressed the past few days and for some dumb reason I took it out on someone who didn't deserve it.
Many Apologies

RugbyCanada
04-01-2009, 06:56 AM
Wow your uptight, you need to dance. I'll be at Croc Rock on Adelaide W this weekend, you should join me, I'll be the guy with my pants around my ankles. Na na na na na na...... na na na na.....na na na na na na na na...na na na na...NUH

Ummmmm....you go to Crocodile Rock??

BWAHAHAHAHHA!!!!

Cheers, and good comeback by the way,

RC

LincweldR
04-01-2009, 09:14 AM
terrific thanks for the advice rudgycanada

bbadstew
04-01-2009, 09:18 AM
I am in complete agreement with Dentedhead on this one.
As for the recruitment. It is on their website. I work part time with a Toronto Firefighter and from what he has told me, they were not pleased with some of the candidates from the last list, and thats why they are doing the recruitment one year after their last. He told me though to expect it this time in the fall. But he said to take it as stuff he has heard from the grapevine, so don't get mad if you are on one of the classes going through with Toronto right now.

as one who went thru this process for the first time with the last T.O. recruitment, i just missed passing the first test. at the time i was told that i would be able to re-apply next, meaning this, year. so for them to be starting a possibly new recruitment is not a surprise. i'm sure all the recruits going thru now are going to work out fine, otherwise they should have been weeded out in the interview process at the very least!

rescueme4
04-02-2009, 11:03 AM
So is Toronto doing a new hire soon ? If so when ?

SELFirefighter
04-02-2009, 05:15 PM
So is Toronto doing a new hire soon ? If so when ?

Heard it through the grape vine, possibly May 09 for 2010 list. From what I hear it's possible the next hire will shadow the 08/09 recruitment. I also heard of possible toronto only wanting prefered canditates or 3 yrs volunteer FF for this upcoming test. Don't hold me to this info, my source is involved with local 3888 but one can't believe everything they hear.

SELFirefighter
04-02-2009, 05:16 PM
I say possible alot

iguazu
04-02-2009, 05:47 PM
preferred candidates being - pre service / folks with the nfpa 1001 I and IIs etc?

Chaemnerly
04-02-2009, 05:50 PM
Hey SELFirefighter. Does your union source know anything about the next recruit class (dates) or how many they plan on getting in this year? Thanks man. Appreciate any info you may have.

SELFirefighter
04-03-2009, 06:21 AM
preferred candidates being - pre service / folks with the nfpa 1001 I and IIs etc?

Yup, thats correct. Also includes full time FF's, and volunteers who have completed the their 3 component's at OFC.

SELFirefighter
04-03-2009, 06:24 AM
Hey SELFirefighter. Does your union source know anything about the next recruit class (dates) or how many they plan on getting in this year? Thanks man. Appreciate any info you may have.

They are unsure at this time if they will be putting more through the classes. The third class has been chosen but they might not be called. As for anything beyond that, alot more retirements need to happen to make room.

bonesb
04-03-2009, 07:27 AM
Lets all keep our fingers crossed that a great deal of spaces will become open!

ridingashadow
04-03-2009, 08:09 AM
Yup, thats correct. Also includes full time FF's, and volunteers who have completed the their 3 component's at OFC.

Completing components 1,2 & 3 will only give you NFPA 1001 firefighter 1, you must complete Hazmat Ops to get firefighter 2. I know for the joint recruitment with Cambridge, Kitchener, Guelph and Waterloo that they will allow someone to write if you have completed Components 1,2 and 3. I don't know if Toronto will give you preference by having completed just the components. Anyone know? or do they want NFPA 1001 1&2 for preference?

coydog
04-03-2009, 10:20 AM
I applied to MissFD before i was a paid FF , i did ok through the process and was put on the "NON-OFM list" when i called HR i was told that preference was givin to candidates that took the OFM fire course over those that took other accredited courses. So now that i am a paid FF would it be in my best interest to leave what academy i attended off my resume and just say im a full time DND FF... How does this work in toronto?? and is it the same all thorugh ontario??

StudlyHungwell
04-03-2009, 11:25 AM
They are unsure at this time if they will be putting more through the classes. The third class has been chosen but they might not be called. As for anything beyond that, alot more retirements need to happen to make room.

They F***ing better call the third class. To ony run 2 classes out of this list would be a joke. I hope your source is misinformed on this. From what I understand the third class is a lock with a summer start.

Roree403
04-03-2009, 11:29 AM
They F***ing better call the third class. To ony run 2 classes out of this list would be a joke. I hope your source is misinformed on this. From what I understand the third class is a lock with a summer start.

OHHHHHHHH OHHHHHHHHHHHHH, I know what list you sit on. :) And from experience yes that is a bitch

FiremenBob
04-03-2009, 11:33 AM

You would think that the City of Toronto Owed you a job or something. It is amazing how as soon as there is a list and people get put on it they start bitchin if it doesn't get used up. It was $50. Bitch about the cities that charge for the aptitude test and physical to just apply.

Roree403
04-03-2009, 11:36 AM
You would think that the City of Toronto Owed you a job or something. It is amazing how as soon as there is a list and people get put on it they start bitchin if it doesn't get used up. It was $50. Bitch about the cities that charge for the aptitude test and physical to just apply.

Ya, that is true, I work with about 6-7 guys that all had a list fade away on them at some point, I'm sure i work with more but I've discussed it with these guys.

StudlyHungwell
04-03-2009, 11:52 AM
HAHA. It took less than 10 minutes to get jumped on. That's okay I have broad shoulders. Listen boys, I know I am bitching and it may or may not be justified but when you are told that the class you are scheduled for will happen and hear different weather true or rumor it is a shitty feeling.

Roree403
04-03-2009, 11:59 AM
HAHA. It took less than 10 minutes to get jumped on. That's okay I have broad shoulders. Listen boys, I know I am bitching and it may or may not be justified but when you are told that the class you are scheduled for will happen and hear different weather true or rumor it is a shitty feeling.

Like I said, I know what you're talking about, and yes it is a shitty feeling. But how many times does one post change anyway on here. We see from day to day how the exact same phone call can start 4 different topics. You've done the easy part, now is the hardest GD %^$&%^$%^&@%ing part you have to go through. The waiting. But don't stop applying man, that job isn't yours until you sign on the dotted line. I had 2 other opportunities after I signed on the dotted line because I hadn't stopped applying even after I got the phone call. We're they jobs no, just opportunities, but one's I wouldn't have had if my guarantee, had turned out to be a (Chris Farley-Tommy boy voice) "a gauranteed piece a shit!" Hope this helped

dentedhead
04-03-2009, 11:59 AM

First off whoever said you are not owed sumpin,is totally correct.If they say that a class is scheduled and then scrapped theres SFA you can do.If you want to see promises broken wait til the first year of marriage is over:p.

Second off...huh unless you hear it directly from HR or something on official letter head I wouldnt get to wound up.

Dentedhead

bull10
04-03-2009, 12:20 PM
Toronto fire will run the third class for sure. Theres no doubt in HR's mind that it wont happen. The fourth and fifth classes will not be hired unfortunately. The only way all the names on the list will get hired is if they have a mass retirement by the end of the year.

Good luck to you all!!

teddy_lumbuck
04-03-2009, 01:01 PM
Toronto fire will run the third class for sure. Theres no doubt in HR's mind that it wont happen. The fourth and fifth classes will not be hired unfortunately. The only way all the names on the list will get hired is if they have a mass retirement by the end of the year.

Good luck to you all!!

Your source?

bbadstew
04-03-2009, 01:30 PM

Good luck to you all!!

listening to the rumour mill and again its only rumours but i was told that there going to be looking for approx 500 to fill in the next year. so read what you like into this and well see what happens if it comes about!

FiremanLGT
04-03-2009, 01:40 PM
listening to the rumour mill and again its only rumours but i was told that there going to be looking for approx 500 to fill in the next year. so read what you like into this and well see what happens if it comes about!

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

PFD023
04-03-2009, 01:54 PM

Christ ya know its bad when LGT starts hitting his head....

kwyer
04-03-2009, 01:56 PM
Hey buddy, nothing is true on here, everything is "i heard" only thing that is true is what retirements are happening. Whoever has a source count on it not being reliable at all. The only people that know what is going on is both HR and the top TFS officials.

If your in 3rd class based on the numbers if they are correct you will be getting it when i dunno? As far as the rest of the classes goes who knows it could happen stay positive but dont be dissapointed if it doesnt work out.

Lukas09
04-03-2009, 02:47 PM
I keep telling myslef in the back of my head that they will run 4th and 5th not necesarly in 2009 maybe in the begining of 2010 however if they only run class 3 and then scrap the list we should also be prepared for that, right now only time will tell rumors are just that so lets hope our huge class 4 that everyone was told they are in will still happen...lol
have a good weekend

bbadstew
04-03-2009, 08:50 PM

like i said, its ONLY rumour. so take it for what its worth. i figured might as well put it out there now while its still early in the threads, so at least we have something more to talk about!! gotta get you guys going somehow!! you know we're always good for a false alarm or two!

cmollison
04-03-2009, 10:32 PM
like i said, its ONLY rumour. so take it for what its worth. i figured might as well put it out there now while its still early in the threads, so at least we have something more to talk about!! gotta get you guys going somehow!! you know we're always good for a false alarm or two!

This is where you need to be corrected. There is no such thing as a false alarm in the world of fire & life safety only nuisance alarms :) The devices did what they were supposed to do!

TFS1
04-04-2009, 05:27 AM
Toronto Fire Services Recruitment and Outreach is expected to launch a Facebook page within the next few days (possibly by Monday April 6 09). You will likely be able to get the recruiting information you require from that page.

Danica13
04-04-2009, 05:28 PM
Fuck it.. I'm gonna be a cop... Way better recruitment process.

t_lag
04-04-2009, 05:54 PM

Good one! Less competition for the rest of us!!! :ciao:

D2O0M2
04-04-2009, 05:56 PM

You mean easier. If you seek the easier way; good career choice.

LaRocqueBFD
04-04-2009, 07:23 PM

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Danica13
04-05-2009, 07:19 AM
You mean easier. If you seek the easier way; good career choice.

LOL. Seriously, I've been trying for TO for ten years. Made it to a second interview..once... missed by 5 points. Bartlett actually said.. sorry you missed by 5 marks. I don't know... is somebody trying to tell me something? MAYBE I'll give it one more kick.

Good luck everyone...

LaRocqueBFD
04-05-2009, 08:21 AM
firefighters never give up, they just get better.

D2O0M2
04-05-2009, 07:18 PM

How about: Not arranging mutually agreeable interview appointments?
HR not providing professional feedback?
Thats not a professional process; and it is NOT "like everyone elses".
Like "everyone elses:, It had good points and bad points...fair to say?
How do you know what everyone in your class was like? After only a few months of training? That's a naive comment.
Did the guy who was let go tell you he had the same problems with his previous dept. and was let go for the same reasons?

D2O0M2
04-05-2009, 07:30 PM
LOL. Seriously, I've been trying for TO for ten years. Made it to a second interview..once... missed by 5 points. Bartlett actually said.. sorry you missed by 5 marks. I don't know... is somebody trying to tell me something? MAYBE I'll give it one more kick.

Good luck everyone...

No offense to you on my previous post. Give it lots more kicks; TO is not the only dept. Would you rather be directing traffic in a snowstorm at 3 in the morning by yourself on an empty stomach or sound asleep with a full belly after the hockey game ready to go with your TEAM?
You should realize now why it's a HARD process.
No offence to any of our police pals!

D2O0M2
04-05-2009, 07:59 PM
Just to add to that I was in class 2 and I completely agree.

True.. Because we would love to have the guy on our squad who cut off his finger tip with the jaws during training. Where was the span of control? ( I've asked this before, preview my posts).
Our crew also agreed that we would love to have the humber student who slept with her "ride along" captain during placement;(tell me that didn't have something to do with her getting her hat handed to her?) gives new meaning to the term "ride along".
Question again.. How do you know these people after only a few months of training??
Every good dept. makes it's mistakes.

NoHireNoFire
04-06-2009, 04:36 PM
What about the guy that got fired for the "bar" incident with fellow recruits during training in class one? Hey wait a minute did'nt that guy get shit canned from Oshawa for the same thing almost one year on the job..... yep I think he did! Would you want him on your team too lol .

BFD911
04-06-2009, 04:55 PM
What about the guy that got fired for the "bar" incident with fellow recruits during training in class one? Hey wait a minute did'nt that guy get shit canned from Oshawa for the same thing almost one year on the job..... yep I think he did! Would you want him on your team too lol .

If you dont have something positive to share then dont comment.. Why are you judging someone that you dont know ?? I personally dont know the guy but if he is smart enough to make toronto first class and oshawa he must be what departments are looking for... Maybe he just has a drinking problem.. but who doesn't have there own personal issues...

FiremanLGT
04-06-2009, 05:37 PM

Those were 2 seperate incidents with TWO different recruits from different classes. Gotta love how gossip and heresay gets twisted in time.

Profire
04-06-2009, 05:49 PM
Its a tad funny though, fact is there is always the odd one slips through the cracks that clearly will not last, usually they are weeded out fairly quickly

CFD105
04-06-2009, 05:52 PM

Hey that's funny I know that guys but Im not naming names! Its unfortunate that he didn't learn the first time.

SecondRow13
04-06-2009, 06:16 PM
Hey that's funny I know that guys but Im not naming names! Its unfortunate that he didn't learn the first time.

No freakin way! Are you kidding me?? He did it again?? wow, some people just don't get it! that's too funny!

FiremenBob
04-06-2009, 06:30 PM

I love how you make comment on something you know absolutely nothing about or very little at most. Not trying to be a dick here, because I know this is the norm in the Fire Department, but when you are attacking a guy make sure you know the facts.

SELFirefighter
04-07-2009, 03:54 PM
Those were 2 seperate incidents with TWO different recruits from different classes. Gotta love how gossip and heresay gets twisted in time.

I second your motion. I met the individual at Brock for the Peterborough recruitment. He was not the same person that it happened to the first time, two different people. Except the first ladd made it onto the trucks for Oshawa and Toronto and was removed from service. The guy from class one Toronto wasn't forced to leave, they gave him the option to leave so there wasn't a record of his actions. He told me it was the worst mistake of his life. From first impression he seemed to be an alright person

alwaysremember
04-07-2009, 04:53 PM
True.. Because we would love to have the guy on our squad who cut off his finger tip with the jaws during training. Where was the span of control? ( I've asked this before, preview my posts).
Our crew also agreed that we would love to have the humber student who slept with her "ride along" captain during placement;(tell me that didn't have something to do with her getting her hat handed to her?) gives new meaning to the term "ride along".
Question again.. How do you know these people after only a few months of training??
Every good dept. makes it's mistakes.

Every good firefighter can also make mistakes. Shouldn't be so bitter just because Toronto passed on you, that attitude will show through during your next interview.

D2O0M2
04-07-2009, 05:13 PM
Every good firefighter can also make mistakes. Shouldn't be so bitter just because Toronto passed on you, that attitude will show through during your next interview.

No ones bitter; and what makes you think I'm looking for a "next interview" ? I've only stated facts that reflect students who get hired and senior FF's make mistakes. So when you say "every good FF can also make mistakes" we're almost in agreement.

Danica13
04-08-2009, 05:33 AM
No offense to you on my previous post. Give it lots more kicks; TO is not the only dept. Would you rather be directing traffic in a snowstorm at 3 in the morning by yourself on an empty stomach or sound asleep with a full belly after the hockey game ready to go with your TEAM?
You should realize now why it's a HARD process.
No offence to any of our police pals!

Thanks man.

Justdand
08-12-2009, 12:29 PM
Hello All,

Just got the email from Toronto for a test date-Mine is September 9th.

They finally pushed through the backlog the Toronto Strike created.

Hooray, see you then.