PDA

View Full Version : Cold Fire

racerrescuebc
03-11-2005, 06:20 PM
Has anyone used a product called Cold Fire? Its made by a company named FireFreeze in the states. They have just offered to supply my racing rescue team with Cold fire in exchange for paying the shipping (about $30CAD per 5 gallon drum of concentrate - compared to $200USD retail) as well as putting their stickers on our trucks and extinguishers.

Any experiences?

Hu12nt14er
05-06-2005, 07:50 AM
racerrescuebc,

We have used Cold Fire both in a practice enviroment and on actual calls. Stuff is amazing to use. Our department was given a 5 gallon drum of the coldfire in exchange for video footage of us using it.

We torched a van and using regular water straight out of the pumper and man it took a long time to put the blaze out. We then lit a car up on fire and used or foamer with cold fire in it were able to supress the fire a lot quicker then we did with the probably 80 - 90% quicker.

Was real amazing how quickly you can touch the metal after with your bare hands after applying the cold fire to the vechile.

You just have to remember that cold fire is only a suppressing agent. But it sure works great and would reccommend that all departments should either try it or use it. I would have our department use it more often but the cost involved for a small town volunteer department to use it out ways the amount of time we would actually use it for a call.
We have since had our local Farm Supply store carry smaller amounts of cold fire in order for the local farmers to purchase it and helps them a lot in cooling down the bearing on the tractors in order for them to work on any repairs they need to do quickly out in the fields.
Just my two cents on this topic
Hu12nt14er

bfrd22
05-06-2005, 03:45 PM
This was posting a while back.
http://www.firehall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1233&highlight=cold+fire