View Single Post
Old 03-06-2015, 07:52 PM
Adam82 Adam82 is offline
Posts: 67

I wrote up a long reply and I misread your initial post (thought you were going from RN > Paramedic). Oops.

That being said, the answer is... in Canada, no. In the USA, yes.

There are numerous bridging opportunities for paramedics in the USA. But unfortunately, transferring your paramedic to the USA is not really possible because it's not a NAFTA job. If you were a nurse looking to become a paramedic, you could transfer your RN to the USA and then see about bridging (what my initial post was about).

You could, however, take your paramedic training in the USA and then transfer it back to Canada, while maintaining your license in the USA. Then if you ever wanted to, you could take advantage of one of the "Paramedic to RN bridge programs" in the USA, like the ones below:
Reply With Quote