Go Back   The Firehall.com Forum > Firefighting & Rescue > Volunteer
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2011, 12:29 PM

hey bro,

I just got recruited myself but my dept gives me up to 2 years to obtain it and they reimburse you for it. Does anyone know agood place in the niagara/ hamilton region to do it? can it be done during the week?
Old 03-31-2011, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenders View Post
hey bro,

I just got recruited myself but my dept gives me up to 2 years to obtain it and they reimburse you for it. Does anyone know agood place in the niagara/ hamilton region to do it? can it be done during the week?
Hey! I'm planning on taking the "Z" course at Niagara College on May 6-7 with the exam on the 14th. Can't remember the cost but check out the continuing education website for that info.
Old 05-15-2012, 05:11 PM

Default Volunteer DZ Requirements

Just an fyi there's a driver training school in Hamilton that has a DZ program specific
to the fire service. They do the two day Z course on the weekend and then your
in truck training for the D part when ever you have availability to book lessons. In all
from start to DZ in hand it took less than a week if you have your MTO driver medical
done and your D knowledge written exam passed at the MTO. Get the truck handbook
from Canadian tire to study from.....If you tell them your doing the DZ for the fire service
the cost was under $700 and they train you on pumper / rescue trucks. Myself and a bunch
of my prefire service classmates took this program and it was well worth the coin and came
highly recommended from our program director and from various fire depts.

Oh ya before I forget the name of this school was Modern.........

Cheers :-)