Old 01-03-2012, 01:06 PM

Default CISM training course

There is a great one day CISM seminar coming up on Feb 3, 2011.
It's all about criticle incident stress, with some of the top profesionals in the industry speaking.

For more info see link http://www.tema.ca/2011.html

Here is a brief overview from the site:

The men and women of our emergency and military services see tragic events every day. They witness human suffering up close and it sometimes becomes very difficult to cope with the aftermath.

The aftermath sometimes means that they will suffer with lasting memories that just won't go away. Recalling the smells, remembering the sounds and reliving the witnessed events sometimes haunt these men and women for life.

Through research, education, training, and through the provision of peer and psychological support, we aim to help these men and women when they need it most.

1.Learn about the latest research, newest trends and innovations dealing with acute, cumulative, vicarious and post traumatic stress within emergency services and military operations
2.Learn from subject matter experts and peers
3.Connect and collaborate with other professionals at the forefront of mental health in the workplace
4.Learn from the personal stories that will be shared by members of Canada's emergency services and military organizations
Old 01-23-2012, 10:05 AM
Career Firefighter

This course would have been interesting. Next month will be super busy, but I might look to get a few people together to check out another one in the future.
Old 01-30-2013, 05:27 PM

Any FireHallers taken the CISM course with TEMA over the past few years?

http://www.tema.ca/index.html
http://events.r20.constantcontact.co...h3rmko3ea2d81f

We're looking at putting a more formal CISM offering in place for our Volunteer department, and I was wondering if anyone had a view as to whether this 'course' would be time/money well spent.

Any thoughts would be appreciated, publicly or via PM.
Old 02-02-2013, 04:47 AM

Sent you a message, feel free to contact me about cism course content and training opputunities. I am an approved group crisis instructor with the ICISF international critical incident stress foundation. I offer courses around Ontario.