Old 01-24-2007, 12:58 PM
Happy being a worker bee!

Send a message via MSN to firefighter26

Anyone who can put up with Mill Bay is good in my books Naw, just joking, the MB guys are a good crew too!

Went to the VIFFA website (www.viffa.org) and it looks like Duncan is hosting the 2007 Evolutions... hopefully they don't it right in the middle of town like south end did... middle of now-where seems to be the best place for the festivities to happen!

Sooke is treating me great. While I miss the 4 minute comminute to work with the old place, I am 1000 times more comfortable in sooke than downtown victoria! Plus, I think I was pushing the odds for getting my car broken into... had someone do my tires once, but never actually broken into.

I am pretty much the low probie on the line, but I don't mind. Its sorta re-freshing to not have to worry about anything except doing what I am told (and getting my homework done... which reminds me, I have to list a few buildings with Type II construction in sooke, besides the schools... any suggestions?). Besides, I always enjoyed rolling hose or washing the trucks!

"If you don't like what you see, Why don't you fight it?
If you know there's something wrong, Why don't you right it?"
- Trooper
Old 01-24-2007, 09:53 PM
West Coast Firefighter

Yea hope to get out this year, rumor has it that the theme is highland games, will have to get the Chief out in his Kilt for that one.

Sooke always has a good showing at Evo, they brought quite the contingent to ours in 2004.
Old 01-25-2007, 07:05 AM

Yeah, I have met most of the guys with Sooke at either Evolutions or Auto Ex over the years, prior to me moving to Sooke, so I already partially fit in! (apparently I have a "reputation" and am "well-known"... not sure if that is good or bad!!)

Oh well, they were happy to welcome me aboard and I am happy to be there, so I guess it all works out in the end.

- Trooper
Old 01-25-2007, 03:49 PM
Vancouver Island paradise

Hey Radar dave in a kilt that will be worth seeing. We can only hope evelutions will be away from town. Its my practice night all ask Sharp and see if there is a spot picked out.
Old 01-25-2007, 09:30 PM
West Coast Firefighter

Tomorrows we celebrate Robby Burns Night at the hall (Annual Tradition) Dave will have the Kilt on, thats what happens when you have a Scottsman as a Chief, yea I havent talked to any of the boys at Duncan Fire Yet, I dont know where they will host it, I hope its not at the fair grounds, up in Glenora would be nice.
Old 01-26-2007, 01:11 AM

Send a message via MSN to FFBadam

Quote:
Originally Posted by radar81
Were right on the Highway south of Duncan, were quite busy check out our site, I havent updated it for the new year..... Jason, how Sooke Fire treating you?

FFBadam I know quite a few guys in Ladysmith Fire, good hall and a good group of guys! I was just up there for a meeting 2 weeks ago.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Cowichan Bay Fire Rescue - www.cbvfr.com
Quote of the Month - "Go Home, We Got It"
I had my interview with them on the 16th and I do agree, they seem like a great group of guys.

Duncan for evolutions 07 eh? I think I heard about that somewhere a while ago, either way I'm sure it'll be a great time.
Old 01-26-2007, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by radar81
I dont know where they will host it, I hope its not at the fair grounds, up in Glenora would be nice.
I'll second that!!

Quiet night last night.... well, until 10:00pm when the FR duty crew takes over. Not sure what happens after that. We did, however, get a few FR calls during practice but nothing that would have pulled the entire department away from the ladder ops lecture... a topic I am sure we will get our quota of over the next few months as the new truck is supposed to be here in mid February!

When I left last night we were at 46 calls for the year! I am coming up on a dozen myself... not bad for only 2 weeks with a pager!

- Trooper
Old 02-14-2012, 03:42 PM

Default Lantzville

Hey I am from lantzville I just got on with Lantzville 2 weeks ago almost 3 wks ago
Old 06-07-2012, 06:16 PM
Recruit with a purse

Cool

I'm in Comox! Nice to meet you.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:40 AM

hey, welcome! im from Nanaimo, and started my career with East Wellington FD on jinglepot rd. How are you making out?