Old 01-18-2012, 09:03 AM

I do have Fire Officer I. Anyone in particular to talk to there?
Old 01-23-2012, 05:44 AM

go to dodfire.com and apply to the crew commander position for afghanistan. It will have a million certs and experience you need but really officer 1 and arff are the main ones. You have to get screened by some random recruiting company first, theres not much anyone can do here to help you untill you get screened.
Old 02-04-2012, 12:25 PM

Thanks for the tip rooks. I did send off an email but never heard back. Hope all is going good there. Be safe.
Old 02-07-2012, 04:21 AM

On Atco's website there recruiting firefighters, try applying directly soon.
Old 02-15-2012, 06:45 PM

Hey Guys! This seems like a pretty neat opportunity! I was wondering what kind of experience they look for other then the typical certs (Firefighter level 1 and 2 and ARFF)???

What kind of calls do you get at the base? How many do you average?

Hope all is going well for you over there!
Old 02-18-2012, 01:57 PM

Hey Batman,

Check out atcofrontec website for details on what they are looking for. Yes the certs they need. Any type of experience will help you out. The call are the same as anywhere else...alarm calls, medical calls, although they do have an ambulance service there also, the odd structure fire vehicle fire. Not to mention what they do on the air field and the when rocket attacks happen. Lots of the same that any other department would face plus the unusual with being where they are. As for number of calls....its just like anywhere else, some days are busier then others. 24 on 24 off. Plus training. It is a very cool and once in a life time experience. Apply and see what happens. Good luck. You never know until you try.
Old 02-19-2012, 06:18 AM

We don't respond to medical calls. Taliban always surprise u.. You really never know what is going to happen.. which is why its always interesting...Flightline get there fare share of calls to...good variety of stuff... theres busy times / slow times. all in the nature of the buisness
Old 02-20-2012, 08:06 AM

Thanks for the info! I will check out the website and possibly bug you with some more questions!
Old 02-20-2012, 11:03 PM

You don't do medical calls? Has that changed? I know FR III was being taught for that reason. Do you guys train with FR III still? Learn something new every day.
Old 02-21-2012, 02:23 AM

Yeh we all have first responder 3, technically you have to be for ff1/2... but no we dont run medical calls... we go to mvi's and if we need to we will do first aid but there's RMSI medics contracted to run Ambulance's not us.