Go Back   The Firehall.com Forum > Emergency Medical Services > Paramedics
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-04-2012, 04:37 PM
EricLi EricLi is offline
 
Posts: 12
Talking Physical requirement for paramedic program in Humber college?

Hi guys! I am writing just want to know the specific physical requirements in Humber's paramedic program. I'm over 30 yrs old so I guess I should better get it prepared earlier. Thanks for any suggestion!

P.S. Any helpful text? Better online documents or e-book.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-05-2012, 06:12 AM
dentedhead's Avatar
dentedhead dentedhead is offline
FTCB
 
Location: Ontario
Posts: 6,543
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricLi View Post
Hi guys! I am writing just want to know the specific physical requirements in Humber's paramedic program. I'm over 30 yrs old so I guess I should better get it prepared earlier. Thanks for any suggestion!

P.S. Any helpful text? Better online documents or e-book.
Check out the CPAT guide its easy to find online.I don't know how much different the medic fittest is(wasn't one when I went to schoolLOL) but it has a general overall conditioning theme to it,including a cardio component.There is a gym type workout and there is also a workout that can easily be done at home.I will use it sometimes when I get into a gym rut.

Dentedhead
__________________
Thousand a week for hide and seek on call when Im paid to be.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-07-2012, 03:54 PM
guitarmedic87 guitarmedic87 is offline
 
Posts: 229
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricLi View Post
Hi guys! I am writing just want to know the specific physical requirements in Humber's paramedic program. I'm over 30 yrs old so I guess I should better get it prepared earlier. Thanks for any suggestion!

P.S. Any helpful text? Better online documents or e-book.
I'm not sure how much it has changed since I was in college but honestly unless you are extremely obese or less than four feet tall and 65 pounds you probably wont have much trouble. Just get out now and start a bit of cardio, get to the gym and do some deadlifts and squats and you'll be fine.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-08-2012, 05:58 PM
EricLi EricLi is offline
 
Posts: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dentedhead View Post
Check out the CPAT guide its easy to find online.I don't know how much different the medic fittest is(wasn't one when I went to schoolLOL) but it has a general overall conditioning theme to it,including a cardio component.There is a gym type workout and there is also a workout that can easily be done at home.I will use it sometimes when I get into a gym rut.

Dentedhead
I really appreciate your reply Dentedhead! Now I go to gym every afternoon for 4km on treadmill and some strength exercises. Probably I will be fine with the fitness section.

I'm also nervous about my language skill because I am still learning English but almost no improvement at all...
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-08-2012, 06:04 PM
EricLi EricLi is offline
 
Posts: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarmedic87 View Post
I'm not sure how much it has changed since I was in college but honestly unless you are extremely obese or less than four feet tall and 65 pounds you probably wont have much trouble. Just get out now and start a bit of cardio, get to the gym and do some deadlifts and squats and you'll be fine.
Thanks Guitarmedic87! Thank you for your suggestion! Now I do go to gym everyday so I hope it will be fine. What I concern the most is my language skill particularly verbal communication.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-09-2012, 07:08 AM
PNEFD's Avatar
PNEFD PNEFD is offline
Senior Member
 
Location: Onterrible
Posts: 607
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricLi View Post
Thanks Guitarmedic87! Thank you for your suggestion! Now I do go to gym everyday so I hope it will be fine. What I concern the most is my language skill particularly verbal communication.
I don't think I'd worry too much... You're language skills seem far more literate than a lot of people born and raised here, lol.
__________________
Any opinions expressed are my own, and in no way reflect those of any agency, or person, other than myself.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.