Go Back   The Firehall.com Forum > Emergency Medical Services > Paramedics
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2012, 04:37 PM

Talking Physical requirement for paramedic program in Humber college?

Hi guys! I am writing just want to know the specific physical requirements in Humber's paramedic program. I'm over 30 yrs old so I guess I should better get it prepared earlier. Thanks for any suggestion!

P.S. Any helpful text? Better online documents or e-book.
Old 04-05-2012, 06:12 AM
FTCB

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricLi View Post
Hi guys! I am writing just want to know the specific physical requirements in Humber's paramedic program. I'm over 30 yrs old so I guess I should better get it prepared earlier. Thanks for any suggestion!

Check out the CPAT guide its easy to find online.I don't know how much different the medic fittest is(wasn't one when I went to schoolLOL) but it has a general overall conditioning theme to it,including a cardio component.There is a gym type workout and there is also a workout that can easily be done at home.I will use it sometimes when I get into a gym rut.

Dentedhead
Old 04-07-2012, 03:54 PM

Quote:

I'm not sure how much it has changed since I was in college but honestly unless you are extremely obese or less than four feet tall and 65 pounds you probably wont have much trouble. Just get out now and start a bit of cardio, get to the gym and do some deadlifts and squats and you'll be fine.
Old 04-08-2012, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dentedhead View Post
Check out the CPAT guide its easy to find online.I don't know how much different the medic fittest is(wasn't one when I went to schoolLOL) but it has a general overall conditioning theme to it,including a cardio component.There is a gym type workout and there is also a workout that can easily be done at home.I will use it sometimes when I get into a gym rut.

Dentedhead
I really appreciate your reply Dentedhead! Now I go to gym every afternoon for 4km on treadmill and some strength exercises. Probably I will be fine with the fitness section.

I'm also nervous about my language skill because I am still learning English but almost no improvement at all...
Old 04-08-2012, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarmedic87 View Post
I'm not sure how much it has changed since I was in college but honestly unless you are extremely obese or less than four feet tall and 65 pounds you probably wont have much trouble. Just get out now and start a bit of cardio, get to the gym and do some deadlifts and squats and you'll be fine.
Thanks Guitarmedic87! Thank you for your suggestion! Now I do go to gym everyday so I hope it will be fine. What I concern the most is my language skill particularly verbal communication.
Old 04-09-2012, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Thanks Guitarmedic87! Thank you for your suggestion! Now I do go to gym everyday so I hope it will be fine. What I concern the most is my language skill particularly verbal communication.
I don't think I'd worry too much... You're language skills seem far more literate than a lot of people born and raised here, lol.