Old 01-05-2012, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipbreath View Post
I cant say enough good things about this service at virtualresumes.ca!;Jen truly is the best of the best when it comes to resumes- she tightened up my resume. For anyone in doubt with the quality, layout or anything to do with resume service send your resume to Jen and she will follow up promptly with any issues she finds and advise you of what needs to be done;COSTS ETC ETC.

Thank you again Jen @ virtualresumes.ca for perfecting my resume.

Andrew

1 post........hmmmmmmmm
Old 01-07-2012, 01:29 PM

After reading this thread for some time, I decided to contact Jenn. She looked at my cover letter and resume free of charge. The next day Jenn called me and went over my resume/cover letter and gave me some tips. So in closing she is the real deal.
Old 01-08-2012, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcity View Post
1 post........hmmmmmmmm

I actuallly only joined this website to contact Jen. I've been looking at this website as a none member for the passing couple years- If youre really in doubt of the quality of service make the call yourself its free to call and only takes a couple of seconds; or you can send her a simple email. Like all the others - 150 % satisfied.
Old 01-10-2012, 05:17 AM
VirtualResumes.ca

Send a message via Skype™ to Jenn_VR

Thanks for the kind posts, guys! Yup, the business is virtual, but the service we provide is "real" - just like every testimonial on here and anywhere else you may see them. I can appreciate the uncertainty though...it comes with the territory -- virtual biz has its challenges, one of them being "believability" because there are so many scams out there in cyberspace. Anyway, bottom line is we're here to help and I sincerely appreciate the kind words, guys! And I agree - call me or email me anytime if you have questions - particularly about the quality of your resume/cover (since that's what I'm here for...)! Cheers! Jenn

Last edited by Jenn_VR : 01-10-2012 at 05:46 PM.
Old 02-08-2012, 09:49 AM
VirtualResumes.ca

Default College Testimonial :)

Hey guys!

Just wanted to share this testimonial with you from Conestoga College's Pre-Service Fire Coordinator. If you're currently enrolled in a PSF course and you think your Program Coordinator may be interested in having me come-in and speak to your call, have them connect with me at service@virtualresumes.ca (GTA/Golden Horseshoe/Niagara ideally...)

Cheers! Jenn

"As the Program Coordinator for Conestoga College's Pre-Service Firefighter Education & Training Program, one of my goals is to ensure our graduates have the best chance of being selected for an interview for open fire services recruits. To assist in this regard, I have invited Virtual Resumes Inc. to speak to each of our graduating classes about the most effective way to compose fire services-specific resumes and cover letters. Graduates who have attended these guest speaker sessions, and those who have engaged the services of Virtual Resumes Inc. afterwards, have commented that they were amazed at how much more confident they were in their candidacy, and were excited to submit their information to recruiters. The team at Virtual Resumes Inc. are service-oriented, knowledgable, professional, and clearly experts in writing career documents for emergency services. I appreciate for their assistance and I would highly recommend connecting with the company (www.virtualresumes.ca) -- the value offered by Virtual Resumes Inc. for recruits and tenured fire services personnel is outstanding!"
Old 03-26-2012, 11:18 AM
VirtualResumes.ca

Default Conestoga College: See you tomorrow?

Hey all!
Just a quick post to say I'm really looking forward to talking to the graduating class at Conestoga College tomorrow! Hope to see some of you there!
Cheers,
Jenn
Old 04-14-2012, 05:01 PM
VirtualResumes.ca

Default "Textifying" your Word document resume

Hi everyone!

Just a quick post to answer a question we get often: "How the @#$% do I take my resume, which is nicely formatted in Word and make it text-only for Workopolis or other online apps that ask for text only?"

1. Go to your resume
2. "Select all" so you grab everything off the Word version of your resume document and COPY
3. Open Notepad
4. PASTE everything into Notepad
5. Fiddle around with the information contained therein to make it look half-decent in the Notepad file (you can use a combination of spacing, CAPITALS, and simple symbols to separate sections, bulletize and organize information)
6. Save your Notepad file and you're ready to apply

***KEEP IN MIND*** if you make a change to your Word file that you need to also update the Notepad file and vice versa. Get into the habit of changing both at the same time...Goes without saying that you should take the properly formatted version into an interview...the text files are uuuugly but functional for the systems that they are zapped into

Hope that helps!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend,
Jenn
Old 04-23-2012, 02:57 PM

Hi Folks,

Just wanted to write a quick recommendation for Virtual Resumes. Everyone should definitely check out their service, I really appreiciate Jenn's honesty in evaluating my resume. I forwarded my resume over to Jenn to review and she said it was great the way it was and it would definitely stick out when being viewed by potential recruiters. She could have easily recommended some changes and charged for her services but she was honest with her evaluation.
Old 05-19-2012, 06:36 AM
VirtualResumes.ca

Thanks for the post, AMAlum!

Lots of people send us documents for a complimentary review, and it ends-up that they are "just fine" -- or perhaps the documents could really only use a few minor changes. It's our pleasure to send you off with that little boost of confidence that your docs are in good shape...Thanks again for contacting us for help.

If there's anyone out there who would like a bit of input as to how your documents "could" be amended to make them more competitive, the first step is to send us what you have in place and we'll review your documents (in confidence) and get back to you within 48 hours with feedback as to how you can change the resume and/or cover. You can decide to keep the documents "as is" or make those changes on your own, or hire us to do them for you...If you hire us, there's no "in person" meeting required - we help people from all over Canada all the time! You have a call with an experienced writer, she "interviews you" to gather info to re-write the documents, a second member of our writing team proofs/edits the resume and/or cover and then sends them to you for review. Any changes needed to the final draft are done quickly and then you're ready to go! The whole process, from start-to-finish, takes about 6 days and is all "virtual" (payment via PayPal or Interac transfer, conversations via phone, documents are emailed...). Pricing is on our website. You get a writing contract to review in full prior to payment which offers a money back guarantee to ensure your satisfaction with the service. We conduct many calls during evening hours and on weekends to work-around work schedules for the people we serve...

SO...if you'd like an extra pair of eyes on your documents/some ideas as to how they could be amended, please send your documents to service@virtualresumes.ca. Again, these initial critiques are FREE - no strings (honest) - so don't be shy. We're happy to help and have extensive experience in writing for fire, police and EMS.

Have a GREAT long weekend and thanks again to everyone who has said something nice about Virtual Resumes on firehall Our entire writing team appreciates it!