Go Back   The Firehall.com Forum > Recruitment > Hiring
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2012, 12:39 PM

Default North Van City/District and West Vancouver 2012 Recruitment

An 'Open House' is being held April 28th 1pm-3pm to give information regarding fitness testing and other "good to know" information for this year's recruitment. All other recruitment details can be found here:

http://dnv.org/article.asp?a=4862&p=true

Applications accepted through July. Prepare up for this one, highly desired and great departments to work for. Good luck.
Old 05-16-2012, 01:45 PM

Default First Responder Course staring soon on the weekends

For anyone that is thinking about the North & West Van upcoming process or anyother BC dept, if you need to take an off hours First Responder course to qualify, The Academy of Emergency Training is offering a first responder course starting on June 1. It runs over the course of two Friday nights and two Sat/Sun.

I don't work with them, just passing on the info to make sure that guys know about it.

http://www.firstaid.ca/#/fr/4558797385
Old 06-16-2012, 12:01 PM

Did anyone who attended the info session have an idea of how many FF's each Dept are looking to get for this coming recruitment?
Old 06-16-2012, 05:26 PM

If I recall correctly each dept still has a few left on the lists from last year.
Old 06-16-2012, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0028 View Post
If I recall correctly each dept still has a few left on the lists from last year.
I wouldn't worry too much about the lists. All people on the lists are required to re-apply in order to remain on it. Also.. I know a lot of candidates who were on the "list" have received jobs elsewhere.
Old 06-16-2012, 06:17 PM

Yes. I'm still on the short list from last year. They told me I still have to apply. I'm looking forward to an other fun and challenging recruitment! Good luck everyone.
Old 06-17-2012, 02:36 PM

thanks guys.
As per the manual, looks like everyone that will have the minimum qualifications will be invited to the written Aug 22nd. Anyone have an idea of numbers on how many people write, make to to skills, etc...
I am pretty impressed with how the whole timeline for the recruitment has been laid out since March and sounds like candidates would know of their fate early Nov come chief's interviews.

I have heard the joint skills/abilities test is extremely physical and challenging and actually has an attrition rate which I think helps contribute to the upkeep of physical standards within the fire service. Looking forward to hopefully getting a chance to run through it.

Last question regarding medical training. For those who made the lists, did a FR certificate or EMR certificate (not license) suffice for the requirement?

thanks ya'll
Old 06-19-2012, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkool12 View Post
thanks guys.
As per the manual, looks like everyone that will have the minimum qualifications will be invited to the written Aug 22nd. Anyone have an idea of numbers on how many people write, make to to skills, etc...
I am pretty impressed with how the whole timeline for the recruitment has been laid out since March and sounds like candidates would know of their fate early Nov come chief's interviews.

I have heard the joint skills/abilities test is extremely physical and challenging and actually has an attrition rate which I think helps contribute to the upkeep of physical standards within the fire service. Looking forward to hopefully getting a chance to run through it.

Last question regarding medical training. For those who made the lists, did a FR certificate or EMR certificate (not license) suffice for the requirement?

thanks ya'll
FR is all that's required. Last year numbers were approximately 380 written, 115 physical, 50 first interview, 30 station orientation.
Old 06-21-2012, 07:08 AM

FYI..

Monday July 9 Competition Opens

Monday July 30 Application Deadline and Competition Closes
Old 07-09-2012, 08:46 AM

Applications are now officially being accepted until July 30 for all three municipalities.

http://dnv.org/article.asp?a=4862&p=true

Good luck.