Go Back   The Firehall.com Forum > Emergency Medical Services > General EMS Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2012, 08:56 PM

Question Any Prospects for Paramedic jobs in Newfoundland

Greetings bros and sis... Looking at a move to the Newfoundland St.Johns area , and wanted to know of any inside info on the prospects for paramedic jobs anytime soon in the area or or not so far from there? Bleeding the internet and cant seem to find anything.Thanks in advanced for any info and advice.
Old 04-16-2012, 06:12 PM

i hear the job market isnt half bad out east. not 100% sure on newfoundland but i know PEI and Nova Scotia are lookin for medics
Old 04-22-2012, 07:49 PM

Thanks jynx. I'll look those two up and see what they have.
Old 04-23-2012, 04:20 PM
Bluenoser

Default Paramedicine

Both are great provinces to work in. Medavie group of companies are who own both services. EHS NS runs with EMC and employ PCPs on a casual/on all basis to start and ACPs are more likely to get FT employment. Great bunch of guys/gals and one of, if not the best EMS system in the country. My opinion of course....Great quality of life in both provinces, NS and the 'fax being the bigger centre give you all kinds of calls, culture, etc.....NF would be awesome to work out of too.

Give it a look for sure, goodluck bro.

Cheers.
Old 04-25-2012, 03:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmedic View Post
Greetings bros and sis... Looking at a move to the Newfoundland St.Johns area , and wanted to know of any inside info on the prospects for paramedic jobs anytime soon in the area or or not so far from there? Bleeding the internet and cant seem to find anything.Thanks in advanced for any info and advice.
I have no idea about the St Johns area.. About two years ago I visited the West coast of NFLD, Gros Morne, Rocky Harbour, Plum Point, up to St Anthony etc.. I spent alot of time just visiting with the locals in the small stores and restaurants and always within the conversation we were asked what we did back home. Once they found out I was a medic (and my wife is a registered nurse) I swear we could have been hired on the spot. The one little town the owner of the restaurant called his neighbour who was the manager of the local ambulance base wanting him to come and meet with us. When he didn't answer the phone they gave us this guys address wanting us to go visit. lol. We didn't end up going. I definately got the impression from more than one person that paramedics were needed in that part of the province, and man its a beautiful part of the country. If you can handle the weather that is..
Old 04-27-2012, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarmedic87 View Post
I have no idea about the St Johns area.. About two years ago I visited the West coast of NFLD, Gros Morne, Rocky Harbour, Plum Point, up to St Anthony etc.. I spent alot of time just visiting with the locals in the small stores and restaurants and always within the conversation we were asked what we did back home. Once they found out I was a medic (and my wife is a registered nurse) I swear we could have been hired on the spot. The one little town the owner of the restaurant called his neighbour who was the manager of the local ambulance base wanting him to come and meet with us. When he didn't answer the phone they gave us this guys address wanting us to go visit. lol. We didn't end up going. I definately got the impression from more than one person that paramedics were needed in that part of the province, and man its a beautiful part of the country. If you can handle the weather that is..
It's true. The climate there was really a major concern when I was making decision for destination city of immigration.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:00 PM

I trully appreciate the info.Thanks again!
Old 07-31-2012, 12:30 AM

Default Restaurant in Canada

Very Helpful Discussion