Old 05-26-2015, 06:54 AM

Smile

Just an FYI I just finished my DZ and NFPA 1002 Fire Apparatus Driver/Operator Provincial Certification at Seneca College. $875 all in, DZ done in fire truck, 1002 IFSAC Seal from OFM.
Old 05-27-2015, 01:28 PM

I went the cheapest way possible. Borrowed a friends Truck and Air Brake books, read them, wrote my knowledge tests, then booked my practical 2 weeks later in a smaller city called Tillsonburg (im from London). Borrowed my old bosses truck with air brakes and did the practical. Only costed me $101 in total plus $80 for the physical..
Old 06-29-2015, 07:56 AM

Thumbs up DZ License

I went to Pine Valley Driving Academy, very close to FESTI. The pricing and quality of training was great. I had the experience of driving in a firetruck as well. If you want to finish your DZ Training in the least time frame, this is the best place to go, cost around $600 for DZ.
Old 07-23-2015, 02:45 PM

Default DZ License Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireComms1 View Post
Just an FYI I just finished my DZ and NFPA 1002 Fire Apparatus Driver/Operator Provincial Certification at Seneca College. $875 all in, DZ done in fire truck, 1002 IFSAC Seal from OFM.
Yes I did my NFPA 1002 Certification from Seneca College and got my DZ License through their approved training centre, Pine Valley Driving Academy, in Fire Truck. Excellent Trainer
Old 08-22-2015, 10:50 AM

Default Using a checklist

Hi,

I have been reading the forums and have read a few places that you are allowed to use a checklist for the circle check during your road test. Is this accurate? Also does anybody know someone who can help me to learn the circle check? I am in Ottawa but am willing to travel a bit, I am hoping to rent a truck next week to do the test.

Thanks
Old 09-05-2015, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikenn View Post
Hi,

I have been reading the forums and have read a few places that you are allowed to use a checklist for the circle check during your road test. Is this accurate? Also does anybody know someone who can help me to learn the circle check? I am in Ottawa but am willing to travel a bit, I am hoping to rent a truck next week to do the test.

Thanks
In Ottawa call Bryan Adams at Crossroads
Old 05-22-2016, 11:01 AM

Our department does the training and testing in house, and it's part of our probationary requirements. The medical portion is done by the departments doctor. This is the only training that we don't get paid for but it doesn't cost us anything other than our time.