Go Back   The Firehall.com Forum > Education & Training > Scenarios
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2012, 02:39 PM

Default Moulage Company

Hello Everyone,

I do Special Effects Makeup. It is geared greatly to Pre-hospital care. I will let the description below explain everything. I should also mention that I also teach hands on courses on how to approach the makeup for the many different situations. I have been doing this for a while. Mainly because I teach all levels of First Aid, from the basic to the WILDERNESS. On my more advanced courses the makeup definitely comes out. Please check us out on Facebook
ON SCENE FX . The website is in the works.

Anyways here is the description:

We are a Casualty Simulation (moulage) company catering to Paramedics, Military, Firefighters, Search and Rescue, hospitals and Businesses.

Having worked as a Paramedic, trained as a Firefighter and volunteered as a Search and Rescue Tech, I can say that training is key. I currently teach First Aid. I teach from the very basic to the most advanced courses, including Wilderness. When scenario based casualty simulations are used, students feel more confident in their skill, they are more psychologically ready and test scores are higher. The use of moulage in training is used by emergency workers for these very reasons. Studies show there is remarkable improvement in reaction times and skill level.

Has your company had a first aid course recently? Do you or your employees feel ready? Would you know what to do and do it quickly? If you answered no to any of these or are unsure, On Scene Fx can help you. We can not only provide the casualty simulation makeup but also assess your company's readiness.

We use the newest innovations in prosthetic works and makeup. We believe your training is enriched the more realistic the makeup is. This is NOT your local Halloween prosthetic appliance.

We also cater to Halloween aficionados and movie projects. Do you want to have an over the top costume this year? Give us a call and we will help you turn heads.

We also offer Special Effects makeup courses. We start basic and work ourselves up. These courses correspond with Casualty Simulation and Halloween type makeup.

Please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have.

info@onscenefx.com
Old 11-10-2012, 09:22 AM

Next time you eat ribs, keep the bones. Boil them to get rid of all the meat that may be attached to it.

You can then use them as bones sticking out. Break the end to give it a shattered look.

As far as puke, I like chicken soup with vinegar and parmesan. Looks like it, smell like it.

You can also fill a condom with fake blood to make it look like evisceration coming out of the abdomen.
Old 12-27-2012, 04:47 AM

We used chcken wing bones for fingers......

Also used mortician's wax for creating the wounds. Works well for short duration exercises, but starts to soften/melt after a prolonged period. Makes sense since it's made for cadavers.