Old 07-03-2009, 12:32 PM

Default Inventory Control Software

Hi, 1st time on firehall.com and after seeing some of the positive responses from past threads, I thought it would be an excellent resource for seeing how other departments currently control inventory electronically.

I am looking for a software program that will keep track of our inventory (ie. hoses, SCBA equipment/parts, etc) but would like it to have the ability to use a scanner to scan the item after it had been checked. I have come across several products out there (Emergency Software Product, Salamander, etc) but wanted to see what other departments are currently using and if the program is liked or disliked.

Thanks in advance!

Rob.
Old 07-03-2009, 07:03 PM
RIP DFCSmash

Great first post! I'm a big fan of equipment accountability (bean counters do too! )
Old 03-31-2015, 05:57 AM

I'm going to bring this thread up for some fresh air. I too have been searching online for either a software package or online package that will keep better track of our apparatus equipment. Currently I am using an Excel spreadsheet which is becoming a pain in the a$$ especially when the Chief requests a total equipment inventory report. There has to be something decent out there that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. The last one I thought was promising I found out cost $300/year/apparatus. With 2 stations and 12 units that would get very pricey. Any help would be appreciated.