Old 03-06-2015, 05:47 PM

Default Boots & Bag

Greetings all ! been creeping around the forums for a bit and now I must lean on the community for some advice with some gear choices I need to make.

Looking for the following, preferably in a Canadian market, but not a necessity.

Structure Boots - I was wondering if anyone knew of a particular brand that are rubber but have a wide calf option available. Having a hard time locating anything with this option that is rubber.

Gear Bag - Trying to find a bag that is LARGE, the gear that needs to be carried in it is for a gentleman this is 6'8 so you can only imagine the size. All bags that I have found were remarkably small for his gear, even the ones marketed as large.

Any help is greatly appreciated !

Stay safe all !
Old 03-07-2015, 07:13 PM

whole bunch of views, no one with anything to share ?
Old 03-07-2015, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashes80 View Post
Greetings all ! been creeping around the forums for a bit and now I must lean on the community for some advice with some gear choices I need to make.

Looking for the following, preferably in a Canadian market, but not a necessity.

Structure Boots - I was wondering if anyone knew of a particular brand that are rubber but have a wide calf option available. Having a hard time locating anything with this option that is rubber.

Gear Bag - Trying to find a bag that is LARGE, the gear that needs to be carried in it is for a gentleman this is 6'8 so you can only imagine the size. All bags that I have found were remarkably small for his gear, even the ones marketed as large.

Stay safe all !
The boot I found best for a wide foot is the Fire Ranger brand.

As for a bag, I'm not small either. I use a regular bag but leave my helmet hanging on the outside. Not the best but it works.

Otherwise a goalie bag designed for hockey gear will be large enough, almost too big and some what cumbersome.

Good luck
Old 03-15-2015, 11:47 PM

Thanks for the reply. I'm considering the goalie bag as an option at this point.

The boot issue is a wide calf, not so much the foot. The boot size is not an issue but the calf area is just too tight for this member, thought about cutting them but that just doesn't seem like a good idea. I will check out the Fire Ranger Brand.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated !
Old 03-20-2015, 05:37 PM

We had to purchase a new pair of boots for a member because he was having issues with the opening size on his rubber boots. We went with a pair of leather Fire Dex boots through Wholesale Fire, they recommended them as they had the largest opening, and the member requiring them has been happy. Can't recall the price, but $400 ball park.
Old 03-20-2016, 11:19 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashes80 View Post

Stay safe all !
This post is posted for a year now but I replied thou just in case you haven't found the items yet. I recommend fire store online. They have it all there.