Old 03-03-2010, 01:32 PM

Default CFAT (aptitude test)

***I fried my laptop so if there's errors in spelling or this has been addressed I apologize, I didn't see it on my searches here. I am on my phone ***

So I got a call Monday morning to come in for my CFAT, after being told a few days before my scheduled Jan. 25 2010 date that my trades were all full (med tech filled up last minute and infantry and combat eng. Were apparently packed from well before )

Anyway I wa all set to write it in April for the new fiscal year hiring and then this call came in for an opening with Infantry and I write early next week.

I was just wondering if anyone here who has written it had an opinion on how they found it to be. My brother is of no help haha. "weak" was all he said about it. Is that Canadian Military exam book worth the $54 dollars ? The websites I was given by the CF to reference are helpful but still just looking for more of an outline as to what to expect. Some of these Mensa puzzles are real rough

- Col. Barry Horne, F-117 pilot, on first mission over Baghdad

Minds without purpose will walk in dark places
Old 03-03-2010, 03:55 PM

Send a message via MSN to ndvfd_ff33

First off congrats on the offer.

I wrote the CFAT in 2005 and I can't say I had too much of a problem with it. Some of the math questions and the puzzles were a little tough but other than that it was fairly straight forward. My wife is in the process of applying and the recruiting center gave her a photocopy of some grade 10 math which they told her to brush up on. They also gave her a Canadian Forces aptitude test practice version. Looking at that I can say if you can do the stuff on that you should be good to go.
Old 03-03-2010, 03:58 PM

Hey Ryan Thanks alot for the insight.

Very much appreciated! I just hope all goes well with selection and I get to serve. Nor sure if some student debt and what not is grounds to be DQ'd when they do the credit checks :/

Old 03-03-2010, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iguazu View Post
Hey Ryan Thanks alot for the insight.

Very much appreciated! I just hope all goes well with selection and I get to serve. Nor sure if some student debt and what not is grounds to be DQ'd when they do the credit checks :/
I'm sure your not the first person to apply with a bit of student debt or debt in general. Good way to pay it off.
Old 03-03-2010, 09:07 PM

my brother keeps saying to not sweat it, the test or the debts , but i feel thats grouchy/ crusty talk cause he is in meaford now and thinks im being a motard haha its the best way to pay it all off. there is little stability in hoping for fire jobs while in automotive marketing

Old 03-04-2010, 08:09 AM

Quote:
but i feel thats grouchy/ crusty talk cause he is in meaford now
Being there would definitely make someone grouchy. That place is a s**t hole.
Old 03-08-2010, 09:11 AM

Passed. Interview and Medical next week. Wooo!

Old 03-08-2010, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Passed. Interview and Medical next week. Wooo!
Congrats. Good luck with the interview.
Old 03-08-2010, 09:40 AM

Way less stress for an interview. All this fire job chasing to blame. I don't want to jinx it but I hope I get an offer for a spring / summer bmq

Old 05-31-2010, 02:27 PM

I got my call today. I feel like a million bucks. I'll give Torontos can one last kick. But it'll be the last time for at least 4 years. Woo