Go Back   The Firehall.com Forum > Firefighting & Rescue > Canadian Military and DND Firefighting
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: If you could get Uniforms or Trucks what firs
Uniforms 7 29.17%
Trucks 6 25.00%
Spec Pay 12 50.00%
taken off ship 6 25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-21-2010, 03:52 PM
PF14

Talking Canadian Forces Firefighters RANT and RAVE

So a couple of us were talking today and we decided that we would post a forum where we could Rant and rave about current issues in the CF as Firefighters. Don't get us wrong we love our job and what we do and encourage people to join as Firefighters but there are some "current events" that make us shake our heads. So everyone if you have a good rant lets get this started. lets talk Spec Pay, Equiptment, uniforms, Posting madness, Promotions all that good stuff.
Old 07-21-2010, 07:19 PM

Send a message via MSN to ndvfd_ff33

This section of the forum, dedicated to CF firefighting, wasn't good enough??

http://www.firehall.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=71
Old 07-21-2010, 10:25 PM

AND how about......fighting fires ?????????
Old 07-21-2010, 10:43 PM
PF14

Default ha ha

We dont get any fires
Old 07-23-2010, 04:52 AM
scottmacd37

Send a message via MSN to scottmacd37 Send a message via Yahoo to scottmacd37

Whats a fire?
Old 07-23-2010, 05:05 AM
scottmacd37

Talking My ideas

I know i will piss off a lot of people with my opinion and ideas, but they are mine and I will not appoligize for them.

1) Remoemove Firefighting from the Enginering Branch and join the MP's to produce a "Emergency Services Branch".

2) Remove all civilians from the Fire Service. We are soldiers and can do the job. One hall in Canada has mixed crews and there are problems.

or

3) Disband the Military Fire Service entirely and offer civilian flip to all current military Firefighters.

4) Remove FF's from CF ships and turn our positions over to other trades. I suggest the Hull techs since they work so close to us anyway.

5) Replace or horid duty uniform with a 2 piece. I don't care the colour...

I am open and willing to accept differences in opinion...but this is my opinion.
Old 07-23-2010, 06:48 PM

Are you the same arrogant cpl in Edmonton that pulled over at a Haz Mat scene and told the City of Edmonton Firefighters that you were a military firefighter and started giving them tips on how to do their job? Are you also the same idiot that walked into Macdonalds and demanded a discount because you were military? I think i know you and if you are the same person then might I add that one of the problems in the military fire service, is people like you! I got out of the military because I couldn't work with people like you. Quit thinking you know it all and quit blading the rest of your crew in the back.Start being a team player and if you can't then might I suggest a career change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmacd37 View Post
I know i will piss off a lot of people with my opinion and ideas, but they are mine and I will not appoligize for them.

1) Remoemove Firefighting from the Enginering Branch and join the MP's to produce a "Emergency Services Branch".

2) Remove all civilians from the Fire Service. We are soldiers and can do the job. One hall in Canada has mixed crews and there are problems.

or

3) Disband the Military Fire Service entirely and offer civilian flip to all current military Firefighters.

4) Remove FF's from CF ships and turn our positions over to other trades. I suggest the Hull techs since they work so close to us anyway.

5) Replace or horid duty uniform with a 2 piece. I don't care the colour...

I am open and willing to accept differences in opinion...but this is my opinion.
Old 07-24-2010, 06:40 AM

Send a message via MSN to ndvfd_ff33

This should get interesting.......

*grabs some popcorn*
Old 07-24-2010, 01:31 PM
scottmacd37

I have never and I would never stop at another agencies scene and tell them how to do their job. That is both unprofessional and rude.

If you got out you had your saw a reason to do so, I have chosen to stay.
And why is it wrong to have an opinion?

I would also nicely request that if you have an opinion about me personally that you contact me personally
This post, I thought, was about the Forces.
Old 07-25-2010, 07:42 AM

I'm just curious what removing the firefighting trade from the Engineering Branch will accomplish?

I was in the CF although not a firefighter.

As for removing firefighters from the ships what's the reasoning behind that? Other than the obvious of not having to go to sea.

I will agree with removing the civilians from the fire service. It never made sense to me to have civilian firefighters on a military base, in my case Esquimalt, when there was a firefighter trade.

For those in the trade complaining about a lack of fire activity, remember that in most civilian fire dept's the vast, I mean vast majority of calls are medical and false alarms, not fires.