#11  
Old 01-27-2014, 10:11 AM
N2013 N2013 is offline
 
Posts: 37
Default

I think emails went out last week with invites to the written on Feb 11.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-27-2014, 06:09 PM
8888 8888 is offline
 
Posts: 166
Default

Has Anyone from the Esquimalt Hiring heard how many DNd will be looking to hire?

Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-07-2014, 02:58 AM
Strauss Strauss is offline
 
Posts: 20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2013 View Post
I think emails went out last week with invites to the written on Feb 11.
Esquimalt or Petawawa is doing testing Feb 11?
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-07-2014, 11:10 AM
bcfire77 bcfire77 is offline
 
Posts: 3
Default

Esquimalt Feb 11
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-01-2014, 04:02 PM
npalmer95 npalmer95 is offline
 
Posts: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBowersFF4 View Post
Im in week 8 of basic, I was hired as a Firefighter too. The recruitment went pretty quick for me! It states on their website that they are indeed hiring more Firefighters, go ahead and apply.
What was basic like for you and how is life as a CF firefighter right now?
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-13-2014, 06:26 AM
JBowersFF4 JBowersFF4 is offline
 
Posts: 28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by npalmer95 View Post
What was basic like for you and how is life as a CF firefighter right now?
Hey, sorry for the late response. Basic was alright, for the most part. The 3 weeks in the field were the worste since we did it in the winter... -30 degrees gets to you. But all in all it was a good experience.

Now I am up at Base Borden, close to Barrie, ON. I've been here since the end of February, and our training course doesn't start till September. Life on base is what you make it! There is a theatre on base, gym, sport ammenaties, trails to run, and of course the Mess hall. If you wanna keep busy, you can. If you want to be lazy and have a bad time, you can. I was quite fortunate, I'm here with a bunch of great guys so we stay busy with floor hockey and what not. Plus, if you're stuck here on weekends because you're too far from home, Barrie is only 25 minutes away and Alliston is about 15. There's little things to do to keep you busy.

I was doing Electrical work before being hired. To be honest, I love it here, and i'm not even posted to a Firehall yet (Well, I'm on OJT at Base Borden Firehall, but that's another story). I wouldn't discourage anyone from applying. Sure, you get paid less, but the friends you make are incredible. Plus, you get the satisfaction of serving your country for a job you love. As well, the CFFA, Canadian Forces Fire Academy, is the most accredited Academy in all of Canada. You'll have fun.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-13-2014, 06:50 AM
whit0629 whit0629 is offline
 
Posts: 90
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBowersFF4 View Post
Hey, sorry for the late response. Basic was alright, for the most part. The 3 weeks in the field were the worste since we did it in the winter... -30 degrees gets to you. But all in all it was a good experience.

Now I am up at Base Borden, close to Barrie, ON. I've been here since the end of February, and our training course doesn't start till September. Life on base is what you make it! There is a theatre on base, gym, sport ammenaties, trails to run, and of course the Mess hall. If you wanna keep busy, you can. If you want to be lazy and have a bad time, you can. I was quite fortunate, I'm here with a bunch of great guys so we stay busy with floor hockey and what not. Plus, if you're stuck here on weekends because you're too far from home, Barrie is only 25 minutes away and Alliston is about 15. There's little things to do to keep you busy.

I was doing Electrical work before being hired. To be honest, I love it here, and i'm not even posted to a Firehall yet (Well, I'm on OJT at Base Borden Firehall, but that's another story). I wouldn't discourage anyone from applying. Sure, you get paid less, but the friends you make are incredible. Plus, you get the satisfaction of serving your country for a job you love. As well, the CFFA, Canadian Forces Fire Academy, is the most accredited Academy in all of Canada. You'll have fun.
HAHA very honourable.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-13-2014, 12:28 PM
JBowersFF4 JBowersFF4 is offline
 
Posts: 28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whit0629 View Post
HAHA very honourable.

Ha, verrryyy honourable.

Hi, my name's Jamarcus.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.