Go Back   The Firehall.com Forum > Recruitment > Hiring
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2017, 05:13 AM

Ah, well that's disappointing. Well best of luck to those that got through, and to those that didn't maybe we'll meet again down the road.

Did anyone else experience this: in my interview, I brought all the required documentation, but it was only briefly flipped through, and only by the HR representative. I offered to leave it for their perusal but it was politely declined.

Last edited by sfd18 : 06-16-2017 at 07:57 AM.
Old 06-16-2017, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfd18 View Post
Ah, well that's disappointing. Well best of luck to those that got through, and to those that didn't maybe we'll meet again down the road.

Did anyone else experience this: in my interview, I brought all the required documentation, but it was only briefly flipped through, and only by the HR representative. I offered to leave it for their perusal but it was politely declined.
I had binders with photo copies of everything I offered them at the start of the interview which they accepted, and the 2 Deputy Chiefs flipped through them for short periods of time, several times throughout.

At the end I asked the HR Rep if he needed my original York test and Police check and he said he would take a look at them, which he did, and then returned them. They kept the binders I handed them
Old 06-22-2017, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsymonds View Post
I had a final interview - I have heard nothing directly from Richmond Hill, although I have gathered some information.

They contacted the 10 recruits they selected on Tuesday - medicals are today (Friday). I also believe they sent out emails to some saying they were no longer being considered.

This is what I am confident about

What I believe - if you have heard nothing (I also have 2 friends in this boat) - is that you are on their short list in case someone fails the medical or declines the job offer. Also, for their next hire which is slated to be 8 additional recruits either at the end of this year, or next year, they plan to use the list.

I think they are still trying to figure out what to do with this list - still, its frustrating to not hear anything at this point in the process.

Best of luck to you

I hope I am not the only one who still hasn't received any official word from HR regarding the process and where we might stand...

Hate to sound like a broken record but a little clarification would at least put my mind at ease
Old 06-22-2017, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfd18 View Post
I hope I am not the only one who still hasn't received any official word from HR regarding the process and where we might stand...

Hate to sound like a broken record but a little clarification would at least put my mind at ease
Still nothing - its not just you. I know 2 others in same boat also.
Old 08-16-2017, 11:55 AM

Finally today received the email stating I'm not currently being considered for a position, and that selection for the applicant pool has not been completed