Old 01-06-2014, 10:03 AM

Default Cip Ff/emt

Anyone know the rate of pay for the FF/EMT part time/casual positions at CIP?

ca.indeed.com/cmp/Canadian-Industrial-Paramedics/jobs/Oilfield-Rescue-Firefighting-15b2e0345b54ffd3
Old 01-21-2014, 03:00 PM
Firefighter / EMT-A

They pay a day rate of 375
Old 03-05-2014, 08:55 AM

what is the difference in pay between a industrial fire fighter and a oilsand firefighter
Old 03-14-2014, 06:21 PM
Firefighter / EMT-A

Ummm a lot...haha - oilsand firefighting pays a ton more, and its more secure. You work for the oil giant, rather than a contractor 99% of the time. There are odd cases like with Kearl Lake, who have contracting companies who run their ESD. You get production bonuses, and you move up with the company, plus its more of a family atmosphere and has better moral in an oilsand fire department.
Old 03-15-2014, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LER27 View Post
plus its more of a family atmosphere and has better moral in an oilsand fire department.
You must work at Suncor lol
Old 06-28-2014, 12:59 PM

Do you NEED a EMT cert? And if so, will they offer you conditional employment based on getting it or even put you through it themselves?
Old 11-27-2014, 12:32 PM

Default CIP FF/Rescue

Good Day,

I've been contacted by CIP for what they say is a long term project in town, in Edmonton. I was wondering if anyone may know about working with CIP as a FF/Rescue tech or what they are like to work for. Please P.M me if anyone may have any information. It sounds like a good gig. 2 weeks on / 2 weeks off but I would like to talk to someone who has worked for them.

Thanks!
Old 06-04-2015, 10:51 PM

Send a message via AIM to Firefriens
Default Cip

Let's put it this way guys. I work for CIP and without giving to much away about who i am, i just want to tell you not to bother working for them. From day one they have lied to us all. They are by far the worst company iv'e ever worked for. They cut our pay saying it came from the client, i know for a fact that's a lie. They forced many of the guy's to pay for courses while already employed, forced them to buy their own safety gear and now taken our stat holiday pay for not working away, totally illegal. If you stand up and say anything they can your arse as good as look at you. Most of the guys are looking for other work as moral is at an all time low and tempers are about to explode. Very poorly manged.