Old 03-16-2014, 10:03 AM

Default Looking for advice on gear bag

I'm looking to purchase a gear bag for transporting my turnout gear from hall to hall. I'm looking for a durable bag big enough to hold all my gear. Any input on recommended bags or ones to stay away form would be greatly appreciated. Would like to spend about $50-75 and I don't think wheels are needed.

Cheers.
Old 03-20-2014, 06:47 AM

If you're looking for something that is red and has a Maltese cross on it then I've had good luck with this style. I think they run in the $60 range. If you're not concerned with what's on the outside then a nice sturdy hockey bag will do the trick as well. I purchased a bunch of them for our department a while ago from Canadian Tire for $20 each on sale.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rsz_gear_bag.png
Views:	90
Size:	217.2 KB
ID:	4029  
Old 04-14-2014, 07:02 PM

I would never believe in a million years that guys in our line of work would literally need to engage anyone else's opinion on what BAG to use that can carry stuff from one place or another.

In the above example I don't think the message "I AM AWESOME AND A FIREFIGHTER FIREFIGHTER FIREFIGHTER" is broadcast quite loud enough.

I suggest you double bag- just in case one bag is lost at least you still have your stuff in another bag that proclaims your awesomesauceness.