Go Back   The Firehall.com Forum > Health and Lifestyle > Firehouse Cooking
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-2005, 07:27 AM
Did somebody say HazMat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaJude
How can you not like liver?
SJ I'm disappointed in you buddy. The liver is the organ where all the hazmats that the animal was ever exposed to concentrates. PCB's, organophosphates, etc...

When it comes to eating mammals (my favorite) the hind quarters are where it's at for this boy.
Old 12-28-2005, 07:28 AM
Umuntu Ngumuntu ngabantu

mmmmmmmmm hazmaty delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic
SJ I'm disappointed in you buddy. The liver is the organ where all the hazmats that the animal was ever exposed to concentrates. PCB's, organophosphates, etc...

Old 12-28-2005, 10:57 AM

Liver and Onions.. UGH!!!! I jsut remembered a couple months ago we had "Nip Day" - All city departments got together with Salsbury House and we could order nips and some of the money went to charity.. HOW DISGUSTING..ugh.. the pattie was as big as a loonie, maybe and covered in what had to be cheese whiz!!! lol..
Old 12-28-2005, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter1680
Liver and Onions.. UGH!!!! I jsut remembered a couple months ago we had "Nip Day" - All city departments got together with Salsbury House and we could order nips and some of the money went to charity.. HOW DISGUSTING..ugh.. the pattie was as big as a loonie, maybe and covered in what had to be cheese whiz!!! lol..
Burton Cummings is turning over in his grave, no wait, he just looks dead!!!

Seriously though nothing better to cure a hangover, grab a half dozen nips from the Sal's at the Dominion centre on Marion and wolf them down like no tomorrow. You'll be retching by the time you hit Bishop Grandin!!! No booze in stomach=no thumping in head. Quick and easy

Last edited by PEMS17 : 12-28-2005 at 11:07 AM.
Old 12-28-2005, 11:26 AM

UGH.. Im puking as we speak I HATE THE NIP!!! lol
Old 01-02-2006, 08:39 AM
Doug246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter1680
Whats the worst Firehall meal you have ever had?? 99% of the time food is amazing.. Whats the worst you ever had??.. I Made Burgers, but I made them so thick that they Burnt on the outside and were bright RED inside.. Also made wedgy fries and brunt those too.. The absolute worst was Mac and Cheese.. KID YOU NOT...With some wieners
One of the guys decided to make Jerk Chicken. Well he boiled the chicken and then spread the jerk sauce on it like a slab of butter and then served it to us. It tasted like someone had dipped the chicken in Mr. Clean! Most of us scraped the sauce off of it and ate the chicken plain.
Another guy decided to cook himself some eggs one morning. He sprayed what he thought was pam in the pan and cooked them up and then ate them. It was only afterwards he discovered than he had used oven cleaner in the pan! LOL

Friends don't let friends cheer for the Toronto Maple Leafs!
Old 01-02-2006, 11:28 AM
Hosehog176

Well nice to hear about all your bad meals, But being aChef we never have a bad meal.
Old 01-02-2006, 04:24 PM
LtBlondie

Ok I swore I'd never tell anyone this..but here I go again... It was about 10 years ago, the boys on the rescue truck went out on a call we, the pumper stayed at the hall just when I heard they were on the wayback I put their garlic bread in the oven for them...nice right, well one small problemo...It was on a black THICK I might say PLASTIC cookie sheet!! oh man what a smoke scene and did I ever stop hearing about staying away from that big white hot thing in the kitchen...lol They love to eat my food now, especially when it's not full of melted plastic bits!! lol
Old 01-02-2006, 04:36 PM

Send a message via MSN to Ladymedic

Pardon my ignorance, but what in the world is a "nip"???
Old 01-02-2006, 04:39 PM
LtBlondie

WHAT??? Who me?