Go Back   The Firehall.com Forum > Health and Lifestyle > Firehouse Cooking
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2006, 04:43 PM
Roadwarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladymedic
Pardon my ignorance, but what in the world is a "nip"???
My ponderings exactly.
That being said, there is nothing like a good feed of liver and onions....mmmmmmmmmm
Old 01-02-2006, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladymedic
Pardon my ignorance, but what in the world is a "nip"???
Ahh, the infamous Sal's nip. Basicly it is a piece of something closely resembling ground beef between two stale pieces of bun with your choice of undesirable toppings. Serves at a restauraunt famous here in MB. Salisbury House, place has been and institution for at least 30 years especially around Winnipeg. They have chile nips, breakfast nips, you name it they make it into a nip. Better than a herbal cleansing and safer than Syrup of Ipecac. Burton Cummings of The Guess Who fame is part owner of the joints. Nips, you either hate 'em or love them. You can who is who by checking the list of scheduled angiogram's at St. Boniface Hospital.
Old 01-02-2006, 06:24 PM
Fired Uped...

Send a message via MSN to wilderness

meatless lasagna... three cheese...... never went to the bathroom for a week.........

Lets Be damned Sure
That No Man's Ghost
Will Ever Say
"If Your Training Program
Had Only Done It's Job"

Last edited by wilderness : 01-02-2006 at 06:30 PM.
Old 01-02-2006, 09:11 PM

I kidd you not we had Burger king on Jan 1st.. Forgot to pick up food and stores were closed..
Old 01-03-2006, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter1680
I kidd you not we had Burger king on Jan 1st.. Forgot to pick up food and stores were closed..
Should have gone for the NIP!!!
Old 01-03-2006, 11:56 AM

No More Nips!!!
Old 01-04-2006, 01:30 PM
Spaghetti again?????

I've been fortunate, most of the meals i've had have been for the most part excellent. (especially when i dont cook) I'm not a big oyster fan and made the mistake of mentioning that to my crew during my rookie year. So my first meal at work was.....you guessed it....oyster......but as far as worse tasting was the chicken that was suppose to have paprika on it and the cook put on cayenne by accident.....right in the garbage.....5 bucks get it in!!.......BC....

Last edited by bestcoast : 01-28-2007 at 03:40 PM.
Old 01-04-2006, 06:28 PM

Hey Best..17's crew decided they wanted them in my first year.. UGH.. they were breaded and I had more ketchup on them than you can imagine.. I choked down a couple and I thought id wait everyone out and throw them away when everyone left. They wouldnt let me not eat them.. So everyone left the table and I snuck out to the garbage on the apparatus floor where they were all hiding and waiting for me...Oysters have to be the worst..
Old 01-04-2006, 06:42 PM
Retired Member

Ugh...oysters...SICK!!! LOL
I was the biggest seafood lover until about five or six tours ago. We had this clam linguine on our last night shift, it was really good...so much so that I had two plate fulls. Well I had forgotten that I had been having problems with clams the previous few times I had eaten them with indigestion and such...but it never really got that bad, so I would just forget about it.

Well like three hours after eating these clams I got majorly sick. According to the guys in my crew, they could literally see me turn green. Well I told my officer that I wasn't feeling well, and started debating whether I would have to book off for the first time in over two years. Well midway through that thought my stomach...well...enough said. I spent the next two days in bed at home...needless to say now I know I have a seafood allergy. So oysters...ewwwww...gross. The meal tasted good though, which is why I never put it down as the worst meal ever. My stomach on the other hand may have had a different opinion.

AB
Old 01-04-2006, 09:33 PM
Spaghetti again?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter1680
Hey Best..17's crew decided they wanted them in my first year.. UGH.. they were breaded and I had more ketchup on them than you can imagine.. I choked down a couple and I thought id wait everyone out and throw them away when everyone left. They wouldnt let me not eat them.. So everyone left the table and I snuck out to the garbage on the apparatus floor where they were all hiding and waiting for me...Oysters have to be the worst..
I hear you!!...I have enough years on now to say" I'm OUT"......BC....