Old 06-23-2003, 10:17 AM
Assistant Web-Chief
(Firehall Admin)

Thumbs up Canada Post Introduces New Stamp

Volunteer firefighters have long been an invaluable part of emergency response to domestic threats involving fire, medical emergencies, hazardous materials, motor vehicle accidents, and rescues across Canada. Although the ranks of volunteer departments have declined, nearly 3,500 of the 4,000 fire departments in our country depend on volunteer services. Canada Post salutes these firefighters with the issue of a single domestic rate ($0.48) stamp, available in a pane of 16.

Volunteer firefighters are the first-line defenders against many domestic threats involving fire, medical emergencies, hazardous materials, motor vehicle accidents and rescues ranging from trench collapse to high and low angle.

Mike Walsh
President, Canadian Volunteer Fire Services Association

Update: data4.collectionscanada.ca
Old 06-09-2005, 07:05 AM
Assistant Web-Chief
(Firehall Admin)

Default Canada's newest stamps honour Search and Rescue

OTTAWA, ON - Search and rescue in Canada is an activity undertaken by a large group of people, many of them volunteers, working together in difficult circumstances and conditions to bring people home safely. Their efforts cover a territory encompassing Canada's 10 million square kilometers and an additional 15 million square kilometers of ocean. On June 13, Canada Post will issue a set of four domestic rate (50 cents) stamps to highlight Canada's role in search and rescue and honour the many individuals who have served their community in this specialized capacity.

The stamps will be unveiled on June 13 at CFB Esquimalt in Victoria, BC. Guests at the unveiling will, weather permitting, get a first-hand look at the SAR technology and service with a demonstration that will include two SAR Techs (our "aid recipients") jumping from a CC115 fixed-wing Canadian Forces Buffalo plane, their water rescue by an MLB47 Canadian Coast Guard lifeboat which will move them to a Canadian Coast Guard Hovercraft, followed by a demo lift of the two "aid recipients" from the Hovercraft, which will bring the "aid recipients" ashore.

Source: newswire.ca , canadapost.ca
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2005_rescue_OFDC.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	420  Click image for larger version

Name:	2005_rescue_stamps.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	421  Click image for larger version

Name:	2005_rescue_pane.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	422  
Old 06-09-2005, 07:35 PM
Punctualdeer

Cool Stamps

I hope to have this stamps in Quebec. I have the hobby to collect stamps and i am open to trade some whit you. My collection total 13,700 stamps.
Old 06-10-2005, 04:43 AM
Ryan

Send a message via MSN to MFDFF33

That's awesome, glad to hear they are finally doing stuff like this. I thought it was good that they did one to honour all volunteer fire fighters. I don't collect stamps but I have the Volunteer Fire Fighter one and Looks like I'll get this one too.
Old 06-10-2005, 04:51 AM
Umuntu Ngumuntu ngabantu

Anyone know where to get a sheet of the volunteer Firefighter stamps?

I completely forgot about getting a sheet before they stopped circulating them. grrrrr.

Old 06-10-2005, 06:01 AM
Ryan

Send a message via MSN to MFDFF33

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaJude
Anyone know where to get a sheet of the volunteer Firefighter stamps?

I completely forgot about getting a sheet before they stopped circulating them. grrrrr.
I'm not sure SJ, you could always Ask Canada Post, they could have some let. Besides I'm sure they would be like any other business if they have enough requests they could possibly bring'em back out for limited time. The only other thing is ask around your town. So could have one they'd be willing to part with.
Old 06-14-2005, 09:43 AM
Be Safe Out There !!

Recognition of Search and Rescue volunteers and professionals is long overdue. Their service is invaluable to anyone in a wildnerness, marine, or other environment where help may be required.

Like volunteer firefighters, search and rescue volunteers are extremely dedicated, and spend hundreds of hours training each year.

Having spent some time as a search and rescue volunteer, and working with various SAR Teams through my job with the RCMP, I can attest to their dedication and professionalism.

Stay safe !!

LTPVFD
Old 06-14-2005, 10:14 AM

Smile

Here is the Canada Post link:

http://www.canadapost.ca/personal/collecting/default-e.asp?stamp=stpdtl&detail=1185

Check them out, they look great and a great tribute to all who give of themselves. And they are available in Quebec.

Scott

P.S. Found a link to the Volunteer stamp.

http://data4.collectionscanada.ca/netacgi/nph-brs?s1=3906&l=20&d=POST&p=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.col lectionscanada.ca%2Farchivianet%2F020117%2F0201170 30425_e.html&r=1&f=G&SECT3=POST

Last edited by Brydon : 06-14-2005 at 10:22 AM.
Old 06-16-2005, 12:05 PM
Punctualdeer

Thumbs up

I whent to the post office this morning and i was able to by the new stmps for my collection. Thank you for the information.
Old 05-15-2017, 02:17 AM

Smile Do any one in this forum looking for professional resume writer?

If any one in this forum are searching for professional resume writer please reply to this post and if you are professional resume writer you too can mention your detail. Lets see how many are actually resume writer and resume writer seekers.