Old 10-16-2011, 05:26 AM

Default Voyageur’s Patient Transfer

Dose anyone know how much you would make a hour working for Voyageur Patient Transfer in London ontario. Also are they 12 hour shifts and do you know how the shift rotation would work and would they be any over time after so many hours . thanks for the help
Old 10-18-2011, 10:01 AM

they start you at 11.00 an hour. low paying job, but the experience is good. i worked there for 3 years before i got my fire job. most shifts are 12 hour shifts, but when its not busy you get cut early. they usually have 1 crew start every hour, so you could be the 6-6, 7-7, 8-8, all the way to 1-1, and nights are 7-7. being new, you would be casual and working the later shifts. they are extremely flexable though, which is good when your a student or work other jobs.
Old 10-18-2011, 10:04 AM

and overtime after 88 hours in a two week period
Old 11-30-2011, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by command View Post
and overtime after 88 hours in a two week period
sounds alot better then OPT, they made me and all the other employees sign a document stating they do not have to pay over time at all no matter how many hours we worked. garbage company to work for if you ask me. opt doesnt care about their employees.

has any one heard of voyageur expanding ingo toronto? i heard they got a huge contract for about 13 hospitals...
Old 12-06-2011, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javan View Post
sounds alot better then OPT, they made me and all the other employees sign a document stating they do not have to pay over time at all no matter how many hours we worked. garbage company to work for if you ask me. opt doesnt care about their employees.

has any one heard of voyageur expanding ingo toronto? i heard they got a huge contract for about 13 hospitals...
i know theyve been trying for years, they use to have toronto and the got outbid by ambutrans. they have been trying to get it back ever since. being an unregulated business, anyone can open up shop in the patient transfer industry, companies who have no business being responsible for these vulneral patients. case in point, ambutrans. there was a nice podcast about them on the cbc about a year ago.

voyageur was a pretty good company to work for. its family owned and they care about the service they provide. alot better than the horror stories ive heard about opt and ambutrans.
Old 12-07-2011, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by command View Post
i know theyve been trying for years, they use to have toronto and the got outbid by ambutrans. they have been trying to get it back ever since. being an unregulated business, anyone can open up shop in the patient transfer industry, companies who have no business being responsible for these vulneral patients. case in point, ambutrans. there was a nice podcast about them on the cbc about a year ago.

voyageur was a pretty good company to work for. its family owned and they care about the service they provide. alot better than the horror stories ive heard about opt and ambutrans.
i heard that opt was a company that went bankrupt a few years ago...called trisomething....tribelu or something like that and the same ppl opened up opt....i guess they didnt learn the first time. i am currently waiting on a company called pt transport, they pay 15p\h which is great for patient transfer considering u can actually pay rent with that lol. the only thing with pt transport is that toronto is full so i gotta travel out to durham for work (i live in brampton) but its still good experience which is the most important thing about patient transport,next to the patients themselves, even if you do it part time.
Old 12-07-2011, 06:17 PM

OPT = Travois = Paladin (I think)
Old 12-09-2011, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfmanHarris View Post
OPT = Travois = Paladin (I think)
AHA! thats it. Mine was way off lol.
Old 12-09-2011, 06:38 PM

Sorry for kinda hijacking your thread donny55
Old 12-09-2011, 06:43 PM

Hey its all good bud I got the info I needed