Old 12-09-2011, 10:00 PM
RIP DFCSmash

Quote:
Originally Posted by command View Post
companies who have no business being responsible for these vulneral patients. case in point, ambutrans. there was a nice podcast about them on the cbc about a year ago.
Sorry Command, but that podcast was not just about AmbuTrans, it was about all the service companies and no matter who it was there was a horror story.

I have more details about that, but I think that the podcast has flown off into the abyss of the internet. Tina Pittaway, the journalist in this article did her research and grilled the Owner of Ambutrans, in all fairness I would have considered doing this with a number of different companies.

For those of you who are currently working for the OPT's or Ambutrans' companies, do they even ask for a vunerable sector check? what about regularly updates to the search?
Old 12-10-2011, 05:47 AM

I have "Dangerous Transport" downloaded somewhere if people can't find it. It was extremely well done and (more importantly) well received by the public. It also won some awards.
Old 12-11-2011, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfmanHarris View Post
I have "Dangerous Transport" downloaded somewhere if people can't find it. It was extremely well done and (more importantly) well received by the public. It also won some awards.
if its a link can you put it up?

as regards the vulnerable sectors check when i worked for opt (only a month) i had to get one but as far as refreshing that check every so often i never heard of it being done. the thing is, they asked u to bring it in (along with ur efr certificate, copy of drivers abstract and licence as well as ur immunization record) for the start of your first shift but if u didnt bring it all at once they would still let u go out on the ambulance and do transfers and they would kinda forget they never got it from u, so u could potentially work for opt without any backround check...or even a drivers license...or the minimum efr certificate...pretty shady if you ask me.
Old 12-11-2011, 08:38 PM

http://www.cbc.ca/thesundayedition/2...r-26-2010.html
Old 12-12-2011, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfmanHarris View Post
WOW!....thats all I gotta say about that....the way that the owner of ambutrans directed away from the question about the pedi-mate use for sick kids hospital (Elapse Time - 23:15) is just so priceless on how ambutrans is so ill equipped for patient transfers. Even opt, when I worked for them we didnt have pedi-mate's.
Old 12-14-2011, 02:05 PM

my point was that anybody can start a pt trans business, my example was ambutrans. although she was talking about the pt trans business in genereal, all the horror stories you heard was from ambutrans. there is alot of other companies that have the same stories. the industry badly needs regulation. Voyageur has its share of horror stories, but in 2005 they bought a whole new fleet (15-20) of brand new trucks, with A/C that work in the summer, and heat that worked in the winter. they at least care, and they are also pushing for regulation. they recognize the issues out there but to stay competitive to companies like ambutrans, they cant do much about them ($$$).

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLASHOVER05 View Post
Sorry Command, but that podcast was not just about AmbuTrans, it was about all the service companies and no matter who it was there was a horror story.

I have more details about that, but I think that the podcast has flown off into the abyss of the internet. Tina Pittaway, the journalist in this article did her research and grilled the Owner of Ambutrans, in all fairness I would have considered doing this with a number of different companies.

For those of you who are currently working for the OPT's or Ambutrans' companies, do they even ask for a vunerable sector check? what about regularly updates to the search?
Old 12-14-2011, 03:10 PM

Arguably regulations would actually benefit the larger IFT companies as they'd be better positioned than some of these tiny fly by night companies to adapt to the increased costs which would push out their competition.

The regulations are desperately needed regardless!
Old 12-14-2011, 04:19 PM

Default Voyageur Expansion

As a part time voyageur employee I was sent this the other day from my manager

"I’m pleased to announce that Voyageur Patient Transfers Services has been
awarded new business within the GTA region (Oshawa, Scarborough through to
downtown Toronto) for Patient Transfer Service: stretcher and wheelchair.
This new contract will add approximately 200 new staff members to our Medical
Transportation team and approximately 35 new medical transfer units.
Additionally, our Medical Call Centre (location to stay within London) will require
additional staff. Internal Job Postings will be posted this week via Employee Portal.
Congratulations to all our staff on providing outstanding service!"
Old 12-14-2011, 05:12 PM

Default Hotels in Paignton

Hotels in Paignton,bed and breakfast paignton b & b paignton
Old 12-14-2011, 05:22 PM

Default Hotels in Paignton

Hotels in Paignton,bed and breakfast paignton b & b paignton