Go Back   The Firehall.com Forum > Emergency Medical Services > General EMS Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2010, 06:17 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Fire_Medic09
Default Ontario EMS Service Hirings/Recruitments

Hey all

I thought I would make this thread since there really is nothing on this site regarding different EMS services hiring, and I know how difficult the job search for medics can get. So here it is, a place to post any hirings you may hear of, and possibly find out about any current hirings.

As of right now I know of no openings, Waterloo EMS, Thames EMS (London), and Perth County EMS have all just closed within the last month or so.

Please post any possible openings here if you find them!
Old 02-19-2010, 09:41 AM

Default James Bay

I thought I would put up a little something the James Bay Ambulance Service is looking regularly for medics. We are based out of Moosonee ON and have 4 bases in different communities up the coast with plans for 2 more that I know of. In my own estimation we will need to hire 8 FT and 10 pt in the forseeable future. I came up 3 years ago, and while I was part time I was easily getting 5-7 shifts a 2 week period and more often than not I was working full time hours. This is remote living so there are bonuses and incentives to stay. At any rate if you have any questions pm me and I'll help if I can if I can't I'll point you the right direction.
Old 10-25-2010, 12:09 PM

I have already posted, however, the County of Renfew is hiring casual Primary Care Paramedics. Deadline is Oct. 29th

http://www.countyofrenfrew.on.ca/hum...employment.htm
Old 11-02-2010, 02:29 AM

Default Hastings Quinte - Belleville Hiring

http://www.ospreycareers.com/view_ca...p?caId=1337518

Hiring part-time medics
Old 11-02-2010, 06:52 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Fire_Medic09

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmithyTG View Post
Thanks for posting, good to see this thread being somewhat used!
Old 11-02-2010, 06:55 PM

Be aware too that some services are inconsistent on posting hirings and may only contact resumes they already have on file.

For example, in the last hire done by Northumberland EMS, the service did not to my knowledge post. As they keep resumes on file for 6 months they contacted that pool.

If a service states that they keep resumes on file for a certain period of time it is in your best interest to continue to submit.

Often times if a service has just done a hire and then determines they need more staff the time and expense of a full competition may not be justifiable.
Old 11-04-2010, 06:34 AM

Default Hiring FT Georgian College Paramedic Program Support Staff (Must be an ACP)

Looking for experienced advanced-care medics for the pcp program.

CLOSING DATE: November 15, 2010

Required Qualifications:
. Diplomas in Primary Care and Advanced Care Paramedic with EMCA and ACP certifications.
. Current Advanced or Critical Care certification with three to five years recent experience in the field as an ACP

Department/Campus: School of Health and Wellness / Barrie Campus
Classification: Support Staff
Payband/Salary Range: Payband J - $ 33.05 (start rate) - $ 38.33 (4-year rate)
Reports to: Dean
Hours per week: 35 hours per week
Effective Date: As soon as possible

http://www.workopolis.com/EN/job/11765444
Old 11-08-2010, 05:10 AM

Hey Hoser, just curious what you guys are making up there? lots of OT? See a few of you each year on the sunshine list.
Old 11-09-2010, 06:33 PM

Anyone know of any EMS postings for PCP level.

Please let me know, Thanks
Old 12-03-2010, 02:10 PM

York Region EMS has a posting opening on Dec 20, 2010 and closing on Jan 10, 2011.
The posting is for casual PCP's. At this time I have no idea what the numbers are going to be, but they've been adding classes of well over a dozen recruits. Heck there's been three classes since I started a year and a half ago.

http://www.york.ca/Employment/ems_recruitment.htm

It's worth noting that there has been significant talk within the service and union about a change in staffing model which would see a transition to an all permanent staffing model with increased numbers of full time staff and no casuals. So it may be a good time to get on. NONE of this is confirmed at this point.

Good luck! It's a fantastic, forward thinking service to work for.