Old 09-19-2013, 09:50 AM

Lightbulb Contract Firefighting

Hey all
I'm really interested in getting into the contract firefighting field.
I've already applied to a number of spots
antartica
south africa
israel
baghdad
iraq

I'm hoping someone on here can shed a little more light on this kind of work.
I'm not new to the fire and emergency seen i've been involved with it for 10 years now.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 09-23-2013, 08:23 PM

Default Contract Fire Fighting

First of all I will say good luck, from my experience with recruitment with offshore fire fighting many of these places use 3rd party contractors or recruitment offices for interviews BD select is a company used for Abu Dubai as well as Sasol for Africa.

It will help if you have Live Plant experience as many of these off shore places want industrial fire fighters and officer credentials as you almost always have to train a local ERT with these jobs.

ATCO has a contract for IRAQ or Afghanistan which I believe will help with military places kinda like a airport (dont quote me on that) but I head the schedule is 3 months in 1 out and the pay is around 60-70K for a war torn area seems kinda low but who knows I havent ever been there so I cant say for sure.

Most places will arrange for your work visa if hired so try do do everything in your power to make that process as smooth as possible to get that arranged.

Hope this helps you and once again good luck I would look into a website called www.oilcareers.com and make a profile sometimes you can luck out with a couple fire opportunities overseas with that site.