Volunteering in the Guelph Area

General volunteer firefighting discussion.
Spectre232

Volunteering in the Guelph Area

Postby Spectre232 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:12 pm

Hello there,

Quick introduction, I've just moved from Calgary to guelph after completing NFPA 1001 & 472 (Proboard and IFSAC), EMR, Class 2Q License. I am hoping to find some volunteer work in the near future to gain some experience.

I am hoping to see if anyone has any information on volunteer departments in the guelph area that are currently recruiting, and how I go about applying.

Cheers,

Spectre.

firemed909

Postby firemed909 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:00 pm

[quote=""Spectre232""]Hello there,

Quick introduction, I've just moved from Calgary to guelph after completing NFPA 1001 & 472 (Proboard and IFSAC), EMR, Class 2Q License. I am hoping to find some volunteer work in the near future to gain some experience.

I am hoping to see if anyone has any information on volunteer departments in the guelph area that are currently recruiting, and how I go about applying.

Cheers,

Spectre.[/quote]

Hey, you just missed Guelph fire hiring. And they typically make a list so it's likely they won't hire again until 2017. As fas as volley departments, Wellington county (area surrounding Guelph) have multiple volley departments from puslinch to fergus Arthur no up to mount forest. Known as North Wellington, centre Wellington ect. They have also just finished a recruitment and are currently just finishing up training there new guys. Not sure how often they hire, but generally you'll need to within a specific response time to a given area.

James