meals

Discuss the latest prepared disaster by the chief (oops... or was that 'the chef'?). Success stories welcome as well...
origin76

meals

Postby origin76 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:44 pm

How do meals get paid for? Do all the guys chip in, or is there petty cash for this?

nocomment

Postby nocomment » Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:52 pm

[quote=""origin76""]How do meals get paid for? Do all the guys chip in, or is there petty cash for this?[/quote]

5-6 buck's a guy per feed. GET IT IN!!

itsnotahobby

Postby itsnotahobby » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:52 pm

One truck does the shopping and everyone ponies up for the bill after the meal. Prices vary from $3.00 to 7.00 (this is usually steak dinner).

Whoever cooks doesn't touch the dishes.
Risk a lot to save a lot. Risk a little to save a little. Risk nothing to save nothing!
Everyone Goes Home
Firefighters were created so cops could have heroes!

FFbeaumont

Postby FFbeaumont » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:59 pm

Brunch on weekends and dinners every night shift, everyone that eats chips in. Our kitchen is going to be torn apart in a couple of weeks for some much needed renovations, I am thinking that a lot of take out will be ordered in the weeks to come.

nocomment

Postby nocomment » Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:06 pm

[quote=""itsnotahobby""]

Whoever cooks doesn't touch the dishes.[/quote]
Same, unless he is junior, he cooks he washes. Thats how it is.
And we cook all 4 shifts. 2 days 2 nights.
Last edited by nocomment on Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

itsnotahobby

Postby itsnotahobby » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:15 pm

[quote=""nocomment""]Same, unless he is junior, he cooks he washes. Thats how it is.
And we cook all 4 shifts. 2 days 2 nights.[/quote]

I thought that went without saying! :)
Risk a lot to save a lot. Risk a little to save a little. Risk nothing to save nothing!
Everyone Goes Home
Firefighters were created so cops could have heroes!

telesquirt

The bill came due!!

Postby telesquirt » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:13 pm

We received the bill from Timmies a while back for 3 days of "rehab" supplies we used up at a school explosion earlier in the year---$2,500.00 :o

Honest---we were working at this one!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"This is my swing set, and this is my sandbox. Thats where I saw the Leprechaun........ He tells me to burn things."

---Ralphie Wiggums

futureFF

Postby futureFF » Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:36 am

I've always wondered...if 3/4 of the guys/gals on shift are pitching in for a meal and there is a probie on shift too, but he eats his packed lunch, is he to do the cooking and dishes?
Everyone goes home

oldboot

Postby oldboot » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:21 am

[quote=""futureFF""]I've always wondered...if 3/4 of the guys/gals on shift are pitching in for a meal and there is a probie on shift too, but he eats his packed lunch, is he to do the cooking and dishes?[/quote]

Usually the meal is about the whole crew, a smart probie would never go on his own for a meal!
It’s not unusual to see probies make coffee even though they don’t drink it.
The goal should be when you first join your crew is to fit in and to prove you are a team player.
Sometimes you might have to do some grunt jobs you don’t like, however your day will come when you get to pass the lousy jobs off to the next probie.

irsqyu

Postby irsqyu » Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:44 am

[quote=""oldboot""]Usually the meal is about the whole crew, a smart probie would never go on his own for a meal!
It’s not unusual to see probies make coffee even though they don’t drink it.
The goal should be when you first join your crew is to fit in and to prove you are a team player.
Sometimes you might have to do some grunt jobs you don’t like, however your day will come when you get to pass the lousy jobs off to the next probie.[/quote]

Great advice Old Boot, this is not taught at pre-service or college and is invaluable advice for the probies trying to fit in! :top:
"The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work."