Getting into A Rut!

Discuss the latest prepared disaster by the chief (oops... or was that 'the chef'?). Success stories welcome as well...
iamvff

Postby iamvff » Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:25 am

dentedhead wrote:Its been established theres nothing but nonsense in my head.

Dentedhead
P.S nice job on getting yourself fit,lean and mean!
Yeah..I know the feeling...I have had brain scans before....they found nothing!!

iamvff :cool:
"You can lead a horse to water but you cannot make it drink...BUT...if you hold it's head under long enough, it has to take a gulp sooner or later!" iamvff - 2010

FFWannabe

Postby FFWannabe » Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:29 am

dentedhead wrote:FO eating healthy is all in the head once you get around it then its easy,theres tons of stuff to eat and at the same time get tore into those little junk treats.As they say everything in moderation.

Also, dont confuse weight loss with fat loss if thats your goal.When I hit my 40 year crisis I started with a concerted effort to get back in shape.I started at 212 with a BF of 28% It took me about 6 months of intense work with a trainer my weight flucuates between 200-205 but I am still at 17% body fat.Three years later.I still cant get over the weight/fat thing. I look at pictures from before and laugh at the fat bastard, yet my weight is still close to my starting point.

Good luck and dont deprive yourself of snackies.

Dentedhead
You are so right! I struggle with the scale because as far as I'm concerned the scale lies to me!!! I had a similar experience… I went to Peak Center, hired a coach and worked my ass off for about 18 months, when I started I was 154 and a size 12, when I finished I was 150 and a size 8. I had gained a lot of muscle and lost a lot, a lot of fat, brought my body fat down to about 15%! Since then I have gained more muscle, but I have also put a little fat back on around the ole mid section. It’s all good though because I know I can get rid of it if I would just focus… it’s tough when you work with food all day, chocolate, poppycock, chips, bagel crisps, 6 layer dips… arrrrrgh! I can’t wait until I am out of here and working my ass off in training (oh plleeeeaaasse let that be soon!!!)!!

Sue
:)

dentedhead

Postby dentedhead » Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:37 am

FFWannabe wrote:You are so right! I struggle with the scale because as far as I'm concerned the scale lies to me!!! I had a similar experience… I went to Peak Center, hired a coach and worked my ass off for about 18 months, when I started I was 154 and a size 12, when I finished I was 150 and a size 8. I had gained a lot of muscle and lost a lot, a lot of fat, brought my body fat down to about 15%! Since then I have gained more muscle, but I have also put a little fat back on around the ole mid section. It’s all good though because I know I can get rid of it if I would just focus… it’s tough when you work with food all day, chocolate, poppycock, chips, bagel crisps, 6 layer dips… arrrrrgh! I can’t wait until I am out of here and working my ass off in training (oh plleeeeaaasse let that be soon!!!)!!

Sue
:)
I hear you on scales and charts for that matter.According to them I should weigh about 170 lbs.Not since about grade eight and with no fat.

I was sick a few years ago and couldnt eat I was down to about 180 my wife the caring soul that she is called me eithr junky or aids boy...nice huh?So much for charts and averagesLOL.

The only size drop for me was pants from a 40 to a 36, I never wear them anyways.

Dentedhead
Thousand a week for hide and seek on call when Im paid to be.

FLASHOVER05

Postby FLASHOVER05 » Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:41 am

dentedhead wrote:
The only size drop for me was pants from a 40 to a 36, I never wear them anyways.

Dentedhead
He much Prefers Spandex...
How the hell did I end up here?????

iamvff

Postby iamvff » Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:47 am

FLASHOVER05 wrote:He much Prefers Spandex...
Body suits!

iamvff
"You can lead a horse to water but you cannot make it drink...BUT...if you hold it's head under long enough, it has to take a gulp sooner or later!" iamvff - 2010

FLASHOVER05

Postby FLASHOVER05 » Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:50 am

iamvff wrote:Body suits!

iamvff
With one of those Red mouth gag's

hrecruit

Postby hrecruit » Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:55 am

george foreman grill baby I do a box of chicken breast on her
and stick the rest in thr fridge. cut it in strips put it on sandwichs, eat it whole etc. Another good treat are smoothes buy a mixed bag of fruit some low fat yogurt cranberry, grape juice what ever blend it up great stuff love then. I tell my father who always wants to loose weight instead of having 3 huge meals a day tri eating 4 or 5 smaller meals throughout the day. And no eating after 9 in the night just by doing that folks you will lose weight. fish, egg whites, stir fry it's all easy to whip up.
try fish battered in corn flake crumbs bake it. great stuff. I eat pretty healthy but loves my wendys, and pizza, and wings and beer. But not everyday I'am 210 lbs right now and hope to stay that way for as long as I can if any of you guys or gals need help with a clean eating habits just pm me and I'll set you up on something.

FFWannabe

Postby FFWannabe » Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:05 pm

So, now I'm seeing Good Ole Mr. Belushi in spandex with a ball gag in his mouth (like in Pulp Fiction after Bruce shot my Johnny and tried to get away)... except they weren't wearing spandex and they were all bloody... but you know what I mean!! lol

Sue :)

dentedhead

Postby dentedhead » Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:10 pm

FLASHOVER05 wrote:He much Prefers Spandex...

Dentedhead+Spandex=Aversion to cottage cheese.

Mrs tried a ball gag on me once, she didnt fasten it I almost choked.We gotta stop watching showcase on fridays,with or without borders.

Dentedhead
Thousand a week for hide and seek on call when Im paid to be.

FLASHOVER05

Postby FLASHOVER05 » Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:20 pm

dentedhead wrote:Dentedhead+Spandex=Aversion to cottage cheese.

Mrs tried a ball gag on me once, she didnt fasten it I almost choked.We gotta stop watching showcase on fridays,with or without borders.

Dentedhead
That's scary
LOL