'White Shirts' cook Christmas dinner to say thanks to crews

Discuss the latest prepared disaster by the chief (oops... or was that 'the chef'?). Success stories welcome as well...
five_alarm

Burnaby 'White Shirts' cook Christmas dinner to say thanks to crews

Postby five_alarm » Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:36 am

BURNABY, BC - Christmas comes a bit early for crews of the Burnaby Fire Department. In a long-standing tradition “probably as old as the fire department,” officers at each fire hall buy dinner for their crews over the two weeks leading up to Dec. 25, said Capt. Rick Weir of No. 1 firehall.

It’s a way of saying thanks to the crew. “They help us out a lot in our jobs as officers,” Weir said. The meal is the firefighters’ version of a company party. In addition to the crew on shift at the time, all the officers, firefighters on holidays and recently retired members attend the dinner, cooked at the hall by the firefighters themselves. At No. 1 hall, department headquarters, the fire chief and administrative chiefs get an invite too.

It happens early because Christmas Eve and Day are just regular working days for whoever is unlucky enough to be on shift.

Source: burnabynewsleader.com

Rodger

Postby Rodger » Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:35 am

MMMMMMM 40 pounds of Prime Rib, 4 Dozen Yorkshire Puddings, 20 pounds of Mashed Potatoes, 5 pounds of Carrots and 6 pounds of Green Beans all smothered in Gravy. It was great day!!!!!

FireChef

Postby FireChef » Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:32 am

Sounds like an everyday meal to me at work........actually I would be cooking more......LOL
can't dance and too fat to fly

TheBrit

Postby TheBrit » Sat May 24, 2008 7:48 pm

"FireChef" wrote:Sounds like an everyday meal to me at work........actually I would be cooking more......LOL

What happened to "Good old Brit Stew"