Free Firehall Software

softcoder

Free Firehall Software

Postby softcoder » Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:04 am

Hello folks, just wanted to drop a quick note that I've created a small little communication suite to handle Callouts for Firehalls. I'm a volunteer firefighter (fulltime job is software development) and put together a free application suite that lets your dept get paged via cell phone, SMS and Google Cloud messaging on your android phone. It has similar features to many paid apps out there, but I don't try to compete with anyone. Just a simple set of apps to help your Firehall communicate better (and its free).

For more info check it out here:

https
://github.com/
softcoder/riprunner

Thanks

BlueRiverFire

Postby BlueRiverFire » Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:00 pm

is this just for android phones?

softcoder

Postby softcoder » Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:58 pm

The software is web based so any device with a web browser will work. The Android app makes use of a free notification service (so does not require SMS charges).

There is a component in the web site that also sends free notifications to any device that supports html5 (it plays a pager tone and then shows the callout page with google map, etc)

Thanks

softcoder

Update

Postby softcoder » Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:15 pm

Our firehall has been using this for a year now and its been a great success. This is an 'open source' project so it will remain free forever. All you need is a web server that supports php, mysql database, and some other optional components if you would like features like SMS, and/or android support.

Thanks