Edmonton Firefighters - Now Accepting Applications

Edmonton Fire Recruitment

Edmonton Firefighters - Now Accepting Applications

Postby Edmonton Fire Recruitment » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:49 pm

TO APPLY: https://recruitment.edmonton.ca/job/CIT ... irefighter

Firefighter
Job Number : 32033

Be the one to Answer the Call.
Our Core Values: Service. Safety. Relationships. Teamwork.

Edmonton Fire Rescue Services Firefighters are an elite group of proud, world ­class professionals committed to protecting the lives, property, and environment of our citizens. We look for your commitment to our 4 core values as you help ensure a safe and secure Edmonton for everybody in this dynamic, diverse community. Working as a knowledgeable, supportive crew ­member, and under the direction of a superior officer, you will competently and respectfully represent Edmonton Fire Rescue Services as you:
Combat, extinguish, and mitigate fires under emergency conditions
Respond to and mitigate emergency situations safely and efficiently
Administer emergency medical aid
Respond to dangerous goods incidents
Perform rescue and extrication operations
Work under potentially hazardous, physically demanding and mentally stressful conditions

Please view/print this checklist of required documents prior to applying.

You must upload/submit proof of the requested documentation (as noted in the checklist) as part of your application, please upload ONLY these documents (no additional documents are to be uploaded) - documents from previous/other applications will not be considered.
Proof of registration in courses may be accepted at the time of application but courses/certifications must be completed by July 2018 (documentation required)

Qualifications :
Minimum of 18 years of age
Hire is dependent upon a Police Information Check including Vulnerable Sector check satisfactory to the City of Edmonton
Good physical fitness is required- ­ evaluated at fitness test stages
Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in english under stressful conditions
Ability to obtain and maintain a City Driver’s permit
Motivated with well­ developed interpersonal and team skills; a proven work history of satisfactory job performance
Ability to effectively operate under the realities of emergency situations
Strong work ethic

Certifications / Licenses Required: (refer to checklist above, these are required as part of your application)
Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent
Minimum Valid Alberta Class 3 Driver’s Licence with Air Brake Endorsement (or provincial equivalent); Obtaining and maintaining a City Driver's permit is a requirement of this position
International Trauma Life Support "ITLS" certificate or Pre-Hospital Trauma Life Support "PHTLS": certificates must be valid until Sept 30, 2019 . Proof of registration in an updated program may be accepted. The course must be completed prior to the interview phase. (estimated July 2018)

And one of the following certifications issued on or after March 31 2015 * Current ACP registration not required
Certified Medical First Responder (MFR) 80 hrs Advanced Fire Aid Alberta (AFA) OHS approved course
Certified St. John Ambulance Advanced First Aid (AFA) - 80 hrs AFA OHS approved course
Certified Red Cross Advanced First Aid (AFA) - 80 hrs AFA Alberta OHS approved course
Current Emergency Medical Responder, or Primary Care Paramedic or Advanced Care Paramedic ( EMT-P)certification ** (Alberta College of Paramedics (ACP) approved)**
Advanced First Aid courses or higher levels of medical training of minimum 80 hour certification not listed may be approved after review

Please visit the Edmonton Firefighter Jobs Pag e for more information

We are an equal opportunity employer.
We welcome diversity and encourage applications from all qualified individuals.

Up to 100 permanent full time positions

Hours of Work: 10 hour day shifts and fourteen 14 hour night shifts, on a 4 platoon shift schedule, averaging 42 hours per week

Salary:
$27.780 ­- $47.617 (Hourly); $60,904 -­ $104,395 (Annually)

Recruitment Consultant:
ST/VL

Classification Title : Firefighter

Posting Date : Mar 1, 2018

Closing Date : Mar 31, 2018 11:59:00 PM (MDT)
TO APPLY: https://recruitment.edmonton.ca/job/CIT ... irefighter

fireshark

Re: Edmonton Firefighters - Now Accepting Applications

Postby fireshark » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:43 pm

Hey,

I know you probably get asked this a lot but do you know how many people you are looking to hire this time around?

BCSmokejumper

Postby BCSmokejumper » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:36 am

fireshark when you read the posting it says up to 100....

day5758

Postby day5758 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:16 pm

Hey guys,

For the City of Edmonton, just wondering if anyone out there knows what a first class FF clears with the city of Edmonton. I realize that yes we don't get into this profession for the money but with bills and kids it is a valid question. Any help would be great.

fireshark

Postby fireshark » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:36 am

BCSmokejumper wrote:fireshark when you read the posting it says up to 100....
Ya I saw that, usually they make a hiring list of 100 candidates but only hire 16-60 guys depending on retirements, new halls opening, etc.

I was just wondering if they knew the exact number they were planning on hiring. I’ll work my butt off and try and finish well, I was just curious though

Rastamonsta

Postby Rastamonsta » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:37 pm

Based on the below article "The city has budgeted $2.75 million for 2018-19 for the 20 fire crew positions."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/ ... -1.4440323

canehdianbacon

Postby canehdianbacon » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:50 pm

day5758 wrote:Hey guys,

For the City of Edmonton, just wondering if anyone out there knows what a first class FF clears with the city of Edmonton. I realize that yes we don't get into this profession for the money but with bills and kids it is a valid question. Any help would be great.

From the last collective agreement that ended in 2016 1st year is 60k and 5th year is around 97k

day5758

Postby day5758 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:59 am

canehdianbacon wrote:
day5758 wrote:Hey guys,

From the last collective agreement that ended in 2016 1st year is 60k and 5th year is around 97k
After taxes though? I've heard first class is around 2400$ biweekly ish?

bornfire

Postby bornfire » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:46 pm

So I’m a full time firefighter in Fort McMurray. When I started here I was making 39 an hour. My first few years here I was making 2200 biweekly. There obviously pay a lot more than Edmonton and we get cost of living which is an extra 500 per pay check so I don’t think you’ll be making a where close to 2400 in Edmonton for a few year. My buddy left us to work for them and said he was marking 1400-1600 biweekly

OLDAFI

Postby OLDAFI » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:40 pm

Have a look at the collective agreement (as already mentioned by canehdianbacon). It answers all of your wage, benefits etc questions.

The link below is the collective agreement from 2011 - 2016

https://www.edmonton.ca/city_government ... -06-29.pdf