CPAT or York University Fitness Firefighter Assessment.

General firefighting discussion.
NSFF

CPAT or York University Fitness Firefighter Assessment.

Postby NSFF » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:29 pm

Hey guys I am from Halifax and am trying to apply to Moncton, in order to apply I must have either a CPAT or York assessment. I have been on the waiting list for University of Moncton, is there anywhere else I can do one of these two tests?

Lyons4

Postby Lyons4 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:30 pm

I'm in the same boat, I live in Newfoundland and I can't find a single place on the island that does CPAT or York Testing. Seeing as almost all recruitment processes require one of the 2 tests it pretty much screws me before I've even started. If anybody knows any way around this could they let me know. And flying to Ontario every six months is not an option.

infernobuster

Postby infernobuster » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:11 pm

[quote=""NSFF""]Hey guys I am from Halifax and am trying to apply to Moncton, in order to apply I must have either a CPAT or York assessment. I have been on the waiting list for University of Moncton, is there anywhere else I can do one of these two tests?[/quote]

Since the CPAT is a standard test North American wide, i bet you will find it closer to home than having to fly here all the time.
All men are created equal, a few become fire fighters.

FF95

Postby FF95 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:09 am

[quote=""infernobuster""]Since the CPAT is a standard test North American wide, i bet you will find it closer to home than having to fly here all the time.[/quote]

Only problem with that is, if the dept specifically requests the cpat be completed from a certain location or facility. Shouldn't matter where you completed it because it is the same test and standards when it is a licensed cpat test facility.

I'm going through this right now in Ontario. Municipality will only accept a cpat from OFS or U of Waterloo even though the GTAA is a licensed cpat testing facility.

To the OP, hopefully you are able to find something closer to home as the tests can be expensive by themselves, let alone paying to travel great distances.

My suggestion would be to see what the depts you are interested in will accept. Would it be cheaper to travel into the US if it was accepted? May also be less expensive to complete the test ($50-$100) oppose to the rates in Canada.

Just a thought.