Become a firefighter

LouisRoy

Become a firefighter

Postby LouisRoy » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:31 pm

Greetings,

My name is Louis Roy, I'm from Montreal. I am looking to obtain what it needs to become a firefighter. Becoming a firefighter is my dream job and going in another province doesn't bother me at all. I was wondering what exactly I would need to do to get into a school and which one to start studying as soon as possible.

I have already contacted a few schools and everytime I discuss about the formation it feels like they are only trying to sell it and when I ask what happens afterward they are never actually clear about that. Because I usually ask them if I could start right away, after finishing the whole course, has a full time firefighter or if I have to be a volunteer to have some field experience.

One of the school that I am talking about is Southwest Fire Academy (SFA), distance courses and only 3 weeks in total in Toronto to have Firefighter 1 and 2 sounds kind of unreal when I compare to other schools.

My main objective would be to work for the city of Ottawa, it's not too far from my family and I believe there are some people that speak french which is great for someone like me.

Forgive my writing, English isn't my first language, but what I would need to completely become bilingual is an immersion into an English society and studying in an English school would be my first step.

Louis Roy.