Badges

General equipment discussion.
nocomment

Postby nocomment » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:54 pm

Haven't carried my badge in my wallet for years now. Took up too much room in the wallet and my FD Issued ID is all I need anyways.

arrow

Postby arrow » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:09 pm

Ever seen an RCMP wallet badge?

Looks like it comes from a Cracker Jack box-doesn't even say RCMP on it.

3rdGen

Postby 3rdGen » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:47 pm

Stokes: http://www.stokes-int.com/

maybe they are trying to complete their dress uniforms and are looking for a breast badge and cap badge?

I hope you are proud of your involvement with your hall, and I hope you are proud to wear a uniform (on the right occassions). And I really hope "volly hall" isn't a negative term.

I also hope no one would embarass their department by trying to use a badge to get out of a speeding ticket... maybe we should just slow down?

Buckster

Postby Buckster » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:17 pm

novel idea to get out of unwanted tickets........don't do the fineable offense
I may not know karate, but I know KA-razy, and I'm not afraid to use it!

fortsmithman

Postby fortsmithman » Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:28 am

[quote=""FiremanLGT""]EXACTLY!!!

Cops are ISSUED a BADGE because technically they are never really off duty....so that's why they are issued them and the permission to carry their firearm.

But us firemen are just regular folk when we aren't at work....sure we have some first aid skills and such to help out if the need ever arose outside of work, and some experience with throwing water on the red stuff but I don't think yelling off duty "Freeze...I'm a firefighter (while flashing my badge)....everything is under control" is going to do anyone any good. I just can't see any need for a badge...just reeks of being pretentious. To each their own though.[/quote]

It's my understanding that a peace officers authority does not come from badge but from their warrant card (commonly called an ID card).

cprted

Postby cprted » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:34 pm

[quote=""fortsmithman""]It's my understanding that a peace officers authority does not come from badge but from their warrant card (commonly called an ID card).[/quote]
Technically, their power as a peace officer comes from their appointment as such by the applicable body. The warrant card is proof of their appointment and is usually presented in concert with a badge. That being said, I was a sworn peace officer for two years and I had neither a badge nor a warrant card.

PS- I traded in my handcuffs for a stethoscope and haven't looked back!

fortsmithman

Postby fortsmithman » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:42 am

[quote=""FiremanLGT""]EXACTLY!!!

Cops are ISSUED a BADGE because technically they are never really off duty....so that's why they are issued them and the permission to carry their firearm.

[/quote]

Most Canadian Police Services do not allow their sworn members to carry off duty unless they are on call or there is a valid threat against the members life. While there may be no criminal penalties for carrying off duty in those services that prohibited carrying off duty there are most likely internal policies against that which may lead to suspension and or dismissal.

fortsmithman

Postby fortsmithman » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:32 am

[quote=""arrow""]Ever seen an RCMP wallet badge?

Looks like it comes from a Cracker Jack box-doesn't even say RCMP on it.[/quote]

Yes it does say RCMP
Top banner says POLICE
Bottom banner says RCMP GRC
Underneath that is the members regimental number.

fortsmithman

Postby fortsmithman » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:37 am

[quote=""web-chief""]I am curious why you would use our forum to ask about our competitors. Is there something wrong with our store? If you are looking for a bigger selection you can check out our other store www.wpc.ca[/quote]

I have odered a badge from Fishers Regalia. I will be ordering a couple of badges from firehallstore.com to compare the quality and then recommend to my dept if we should buy ID shields or not and if so what company.

Pickupman

Postby Pickupman » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:16 pm

[quote=""Buckster""]novel idea to get out of unwanted tickets........don't do the fineable offense[/quote]

thats the truth.I got pulled over for 102 in an 80, had my jacket on with my dept and bunker gear in the back seat. I was told I should know better and that because I should I would be getting the full fine, even for first offence. he was right.

not that I was expecting special treatment.