Ontario Patient Transfer

TheBatman

Ontario Patient Transfer

Postby TheBatman » Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:31 pm

Hey guys and gals?

I was just wondering if anyone has ever worked for OPT and there experience working there. I read the threads abit about other transfer companies and there horror stoires but i was just wondering what the shifts were like are they 12s or 8s and are you fairly busy or slow? Any chance of overtime at all?

FFScott

Postby FFScott » Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:59 pm

i use to work there, its 12 hour shifts and the type of work you get varies you could have 5 runs in a day or you could have 1 or 2 it all depends on the what that person is doing, such as just a doctors appointment or cancer treatment. As for the overtime there was alot when i was there.

Javan

Postby Javan » Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:37 pm

[quote=""TheBatman""]Hey guys and gals?

I was just wondering if anyone has ever worked for OPT and there experience working there. I read the threads abit about other transfer companies and there horror stoires but i was just wondering what the shifts were like are they 12s or 8s and are you fairly busy or slow? Any chance of overtime at all?[/quote]

dont work for them. i did a year ago and they have alot problems. i say apply to voyageur, they r coming to toronto and they r having a huge hiring right now. google ABL employment and send ur resume. im a little rushed right now so i re post in a few hrs with more detail.

TheBatman

Postby TheBatman » Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:55 pm

Thanks for the info guys! Right now i am living in the thorold area so thats why i was looking into more OPT then voyageur, i did e-mail voyageur asking some questions with the new expansion. I dont know if they will have anything in my area tho.

If you could shine some more light on the information that would be greatly appreciated!!

Javan

Postby Javan » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:07 pm

oh sorry, i assumed u were in the GTA. if you are out there and opt is the only one then the experience is still worth it and u may like it more then i did. im just giving a warning to GTA personel who r looking into opt cuz opt is doing a huge hiring now to catch the overflow of major hospitals that ambutrans will soon lose and voyageur will soon takeover, but when voyageur is up and running at 100% those new opt employees will soon find themselves without shifts, so my advice is go with voyageur cuz they will be around for a minimum of 5years (thats the contract they got) where as opt will no longer need to catch over flow in april cuz thats when voyageur will have 200 new employees and 70 trucks on the road...thats what the guy told me during my interview last thursday at sunnybrook, i start this saterday. my point being...in simple terms is this...join a winning team...voyageur has a great reputation out west in london with lots of job advancment oppertunities while opt is getting a bad reputation in the GTA and ur a medical attendent the entire time ur there. thats just my 2c about it all. im sure other ppl will have diff opinions.

p.s. sorry for any grammatical errors, im typing on a blackberry playbook, touchscreens are such a pain lol.

Ralphward

Postby Ralphward » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:27 am

I have never visit there but heard from my friend that there are different timings and schedules, it all depends accordingly.