Edmonton firefighter facing multiple charges in recent grow-op bust

Discuss the daily fire and rescue related headlines from across Canada featured on Firehall.com...

Postby dentedhead » Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:19 pm

"WolfmanHarris" wrote:Certainly in the current political climate, no public service union needs any bad press directly or indirectly. Sure every job attracts its share of a-holes and idiots, but public employees and the emergency services specifically have the unique ability of attracting media scrutiny. We (PD, Fire, Paramedics) rely on public support to bolster our positions during negotiations and as a backstop against cuts.

I agree totally the actions of one bad cop,medic or FF can be damaging.

My point being made tongue in cheek was there were none of the usual suspects yammering on about how they would give their left and right nut for the job and how the guy had the best job in the world and fucked it up.Of course many will chime in on how FFs are above reproach and should be super squeaky clean and how the public look up to us.We are just regular folks with the same highs and lows as the plumber or truck driver just plain old human beings.However to the badge chaser they are totally blinded about getting on the job then staying on the job to understand that.

Yes, there are plenty of whackjobs and less than savoury guys and gals in the emergency services.However to err is human!

Thousand a week for hide and seek on call when Im paid to be.

Postby guitarmedic87 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:06 am

I think $500,000 worth is a little more than Medicinal..

Postby Profire » Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:35 am

"someday" wrote:better than missing the good humour truck

LOL do those things still exist?
Professional Union Firefighter and proud of it![sigpic][/sigpic]

Postby someday » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:01 am

"Profire" wrote:LOL do those things still exist?

i saw one in a movie once, but it was an older movie

Postby dgk780 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:44 am

"Stubby" wrote:Could it have been "Medicinal"?

He is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law!

Nope. He simply got greedy. Edmonton firefighters make over $100,000 after 5 years so I don't think buddy was strapped for cash. My question is doesn't Edmonton do random drug tests? If he was growin then I'm 99% sure he was smoking on a regular basis as well. The department could have caught wind of his drug habit early and handled this manner internally. Do they not drug test after your physical or something?

Postby bloggins » Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:27 pm

I know what would have prevented this from happening and ensuring that ALL firefighters on the floor are of good moral stature: POLYGRAPH.

B. Bloggins
"Because sometimes what they know CAN hurt you."