Physical requirement for paramedic program in Humber college?

ALS, ACP, PCP, Etc..
EricLi

Physical requirement for paramedic program in Humber college?

Postby EricLi » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:37 pm

Hi guys! I am writing just want to know the specific physical requirements in Humber's paramedic program. I'm over 30 yrs old so I guess I should better get it prepared earlier. Thanks for any suggestion!

P.S. Any helpful text? Better online documents or e-book.

dentedhead

Postby dentedhead » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:12 am

"EricLi" wrote:Hi guys! I am writing just want to know the specific physical requirements in Humber's paramedic program. I'm over 30 yrs old so I guess I should better get it prepared earlier. Thanks for any suggestion!

Check out the CPAT guide its easy to find online.I don't know how much different the medic fittest is(wasn't one when I went to schoolLOL) but it has a general overall conditioning theme to it,including a cardio component.There is a gym type workout and there is also a workout that can easily be done at home.I will use it sometimes when I get into a gym rut.

Dentedhead
Thousand a week for hide and seek on call when Im paid to be.

guitarmedic87

Postby guitarmedic87 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:54 pm

"EricLi" wrote:Hi guys! I am writing just want to know the specific physical requirements in Humber's paramedic program. I'm over 30 yrs old so I guess I should better get it prepared earlier. Thanks for any suggestion!

I'm not sure how much it has changed since I was in college but honestly unless you are extremely obese or less than four feet tall and 65 pounds you probably wont have much trouble. Just get out now and start a bit of cardio, get to the gym and do some deadlifts and squats and you'll be fine.

EricLi

Postby EricLi » Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:58 pm

"dentedhead" wrote:Check out the CPAT guide its easy to find online.I don't know how much different the medic fittest is(wasn't one when I went to schoolLOL) but it has a general overall conditioning theme to it,including a cardio component.There is a gym type workout and there is also a workout that can easily be done at home.I will use it sometimes when I get into a gym rut.

Dentedhead

I really appreciate your reply Dentedhead! Now I go to gym every afternoon for 4km on treadmill and some strength exercises. Probably I will be fine with the fitness section.

I'm also nervous about my language skill because I am still learning English but almost no improvement at all...

EricLi

Postby EricLi » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:04 pm

"guitarmedic87" wrote:I'm not sure how much it has changed since I was in college but honestly unless you are extremely obese or less than four feet tall and 65 pounds you probably wont have much trouble. Just get out now and start a bit of cardio, get to the gym and do some deadlifts and squats and you'll be fine.

Thanks Guitarmedic87! Thank you for your suggestion! Now I do go to gym everyday so I hope it will be fine. What I concern the most is my language skill particularly verbal communication.

PNEFD

Postby PNEFD » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:08 am

"EricLi" wrote:Thanks Guitarmedic87! Thank you for your suggestion! Now I do go to gym everyday so I hope it will be fine. What I concern the most is my language skill particularly verbal communication.

I don't think I'd worry too much... You're language skills seem far more literate than a lot of people born and raised here, lol.
Any opinions expressed are my own, and in no way reflect those of any agency, or person, other than myself.

kevinLee

Postby kevinLee » Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:21 pm

Hi Eric Li
I saw your thread yesterday during my research about becoming a paramedic. I have seen my situation is quite similarly to yours. would you please give me some advices about this field. English is my biggest obstacle. should I take the general art and science program at Humber college first to prepare my English skill. Thank you so much