Brampton 2018

Womanoffire11

Re: Brampton 2018

Postby Womanoffire11 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:32 pm

I had a call today and they made me a tentative offer. Said I had the job (pending the budgets) and yes, training starts in April. Another friend of mine got an email saying "thanks but we have chosen other candidates."

BumpBumpPump

Postby BumpBumpPump » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:27 pm

Womanoffire11 wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:32 pm
I had a call today and they made me a tentative offer. Said I had the job (pending the budgets) and yes, training starts in April. Another friend of mine got an email saying "thanks but we have chosen other candidates."
Were you told training starts in April or that offers are going out in April? I was called today and told that offers were going out in April for a Sept start class.

Firefightress123

Postby Firefightress123 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:11 pm

My understanding from the phone call was that official offers would go out April and recruit class would be September 2019.

Womanoffire11

Postby Womanoffire11 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:36 am

Yes. Offers will be signed in April, however depending on budgets (the CFO was fired before Christmas - that she didn't tell me, I found that out last year) we could start a class in September. They are hoping for sooner as they are understaffed currently, but she said she couldn't commit before that. So officially but unofficially we are hired. Would that deter any of you from applying to other departments? I did apply to others and I understand Kitchener is opening up soon - hiring 20 ish.

BumpBumpPump

Postby BumpBumpPump » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:48 pm

Womanoffire11 wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:36 am
Yes. Offers will be signed in April, however depending on budgets (the CFO was fired before Christmas - that she didn't tell me, I found that out last year) we could start a class in September. They are hoping for sooner as they are understaffed currently, but she said she couldn't commit before that. So officially but unofficially we are hired. Would that deter any of you from applying to other departments? I did apply to others and I understand Kitchener is opening up soon - hiring 20 ish.
Interesting about the CFO.... I have a couple of applications on the go currently that I will see through, but won't be applying anywhere else unless offers, for whatever reason, do not come out in April. Make sure your OFAI certs do not expire before April!

FireGuy08

Postby FireGuy08 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:31 am

-I was asked for certs at my second interview and gave them to the panel.
-I was not asked for references at any time.
-I believe that Brampton required valid OFAI at the time of application submission only and not valid OFAI certs through the entire hiring process. Can anyone confirm what the website said?
-I had a phone call from HR explaining that they apologized for taking so long to get back to 2nd round interview candidates, but have unforeseen budget issues that will likely be resolved at the next budget meeting in April.
-If the FD budgets get approved (as they feel it should) then they will start to call candidates in April for a September 2019 class start date. They did NOT mention that the call was a Conditional Job Offer (CJO) though. Was anyone told this specifically or were people only making assumptions?
-Did HR tell anyone specifically that they were only calling candidates who were going to get CJO's in April?
-I am a candidate with all prerequisites and got the HR call, but a friend of mine who does not have DZ nor OFAI etc. (but is working on them) also got the exact same call with the same message from HR.

infernobuster

Postby infernobuster » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:20 am

FireGuy08 wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:31 am
-I was asked for certs at my second interview and gave them to the panel.
-I was not asked for references at any time.
-I believe that Brampton required valid OFAI at the time of application submission only and not valid OFAI certs through the entire hiring process. Can anyone confirm what the website said?
-I had a phone call from HR explaining that they apologized for taking so long to get back to 2nd round interview candidates, but have unforeseen budget issues that will likely be resolved at the next budget meeting in April.
-If the FD budgets get approved (as they feel it should) then they will start to call candidates in April for a September 2019 class start date. They did NOT mention that the call was a Conditional Job Offer (CJO) though. Was anyone told this specifically or were people only making assumptions?
-Did HR tell anyone specifically that they were only calling candidates who were going to get CJO's in April?
-I am a candidate with all prerequisites and got the HR call, but a friend of mine who does not have DZ nor OFAI etc. (but is working on them) also got the exact same call with the same message from HR.

... assumptions or they misinterpreted.
No one has a CJO currently. Calls will be made for CJO's than with a start date of September(ish)

Womanoffire11

Postby Womanoffire11 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:09 am

I specifically asked if this was an official offer and she said yes. I asked because (and told her) Brampton was my number one choice (I live in Brampton) and if it wasn't I would apply elsewhere. I told her that I wouldn't wait (I actually thought she said April was when the offers would be sent) for Brampton if it wasn't a for sure offer. She told me it was for me. I am assuming (from talking to others who got a call or an email) there were different calls with different messages depending on your status.
I am still wondering if I will wait till April.

infernobuster

Postby infernobuster » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:54 pm

Womanoffire11 wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:09 am
I specifically asked if this was an official offer and she said yes. I asked because (and told her) Brampton was my number one choice (I live in Brampton) and if it wasn't I would apply elsewhere. I told her that I wouldn't wait (I actually thought she said April was when the offers would be sent) for Brampton if it wasn't a for sure offer. She told me it was for me. I am assuming (from talking to others who got a call or an email) there were different calls with different messages depending on your status.
I am still wondering if I will wait till April.
Your position im sure is secure with testing/interviews done.
Did you sign a CJO? No.
Do you keep applying? Yes

Dont put life on hold, cities are fully aware that people are applying elsewhere and will lose some in other recruitments. You wont be the first or the last ..

Sparky2013

Postby Sparky2013 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:10 am

Any updates?