Toronto 2019

sparky2018
Posts: 141
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:00 pm

Re: Toronto 2019

Postby sparky2018 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:42 am

TheGuy wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:03 am
sparky2018 wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:18 pm
Firemon89 wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:54 pm
Anyone know when Toronto could be opening ?
If the rumours are true about a February class, then it should be soon I would think
I was told November.
November for the new opening, or for the next class?

FireFit24
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat May 25, 2019 12:22 pm

Re: Toronto 2019

Postby FireFit24 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:14 pm

Anyone have any info at all as to when they suspect Toronto will post again? Seems like its getting closer and closer to February. Any info would be great

bigsmoke
Posts: 332
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:33 pm

Re: Toronto 2019

Postby bigsmoke » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:59 am

FireFit24 wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:14 pm
Anyone have any info at all as to when they suspect Toronto will post again? Seems like its getting closer and closer to February. Any info would be great
As we have learned these past few years, nothing is written in stone. Originally the plan was to open the recruitment in October.
The most recent information I have, (and to be perfectly clear this could change), there will be no recruitment until the new year or late this year.

There are a number of individuals who applied in 2019, some were interviewed and some of those passed the interview but were not invited to the recent class.
The suggestion here is: the group, who applied in 2019 will be considered to make up the February class. I have no idea what those steps are or how that will play out.

Again, this is the most recent information I was provided. Could it change?
Absolutely!

Hang in there. I encourage everyone to focus on the many other recruitments that are currently accepting candidates. Don't put all your eggs in one basket.

FireFit24
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat May 25, 2019 12:22 pm

Re: Toronto 2019

Postby FireFit24 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:53 am

Hey Bigsmoke! Thanks for the reply..I’ve got to admit, that’s a little disappointing to hear. So from what you’ve heard is that they have roughly 40-50 people on stand by who passed the the interview from last recruitment? That seems like a lot of people to have passed the interview from last recruitment, doesn't it? Thanks again for the help.

TheGuy
Posts: 65
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:33 pm

Re: Toronto 2019

Postby TheGuy » Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:21 pm

sparky2018 wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:42 am
TheGuy wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:03 am
sparky2018 wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:18 pm


If the rumours are true about a February class, then it should be soon I would think
I was told November.
November for the new opening, or for the next class?
I heard opening, not start of next class, however like bigsmoke mentioned, everything is subject to change with this city. Literally one day to the next means nothing until it's already happened it seems... lol

sparky2018
Posts: 141
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:00 pm

Re: Toronto 2019

Postby sparky2018 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:50 pm

bigsmoke wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:59 am
FireFit24 wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:14 pm
Anyone have any info at all as to when they suspect Toronto will post again? Seems like its getting closer and closer to February. Any info would be great
As we have learned these past few years, nothing is written in stone. Originally the plan was to open the recruitment in October.
The most recent information I have, (and to be perfectly clear this could change), there will be no recruitment until the new year or late this year.

There are a number of individuals who applied in 2019, some were interviewed and some of those passed the interview but were not invited to the recent class.
The suggestion here is: the group, who applied in 2019 will be considered to make up the February class. I have no idea what those steps are or how that will play out.

Again, this is the most recent information I was provided. Could it change?
Absolutely!

Hang in there. I encourage everyone to focus on the many other recruitments that are currently accepting candidates. Don't put all your eggs in one basket.
I wonder if this means if you received a document request back in the spring you’re still being considered? Time will tell, but yes, Toronto does seem to change their methods quite a bit. At least there is lots of opportunities out there at the moment. Thanks as always for the insight bigsmoke, much appreciated

sparky2018
Posts: 141
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:00 pm

Re: Toronto 2019

Postby sparky2018 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:51 pm

TheGuy wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:21 pm
sparky2018 wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:42 am
TheGuy wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:03 am


I was told November.
November for the new opening, or for the next class?
I heard opening, not start of next class, however like bigsmoke mentioned, everything is subject to change with this city. Literally one day to the next means nothing until it's already happened it seems... lol
Thanks for the info, the waiting game continues!

bigsmoke
Posts: 332
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:33 pm

Re: Toronto 2019

Postby bigsmoke » Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:38 pm

FireFit24 wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:53 am
Hey Bigsmoke! Thanks for the reply..I’ve got to admit, that’s a little disappointing to hear. So from what you’ve heard is that they have roughly 40-50 people on stand by who passed the the interview from last recruitment? That seems like a lot of people to have passed the interview from last recruitment, doesn't it? Thanks again for the help.
No, not everyone on the list was interviewed. There will be a number of people who only received document checks. And while I do not know numbers I suspect there is a larger list of people than 40 or 50.

time will tell.

sparky2018
Posts: 141
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:00 pm

Re: Toronto 2019

Postby sparky2018 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:09 pm

Is there any idea when interviews for the February class might be? Gotta think they would be soon as they usually seem to be about 10-12 weeks before the class starts

bigsmoke
Posts: 332
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:33 pm

Re: Toronto 2019

Postby bigsmoke » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:16 am

sparky2018 wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:09 pm
Is there any idea when interviews for the February class might be? Gotta think they would be soon as they usually seem to be about 10-12 weeks before the class starts
I was told in October "in the next few weeks". So if that information is accurate, any day now.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests