Barrie Fire Recruitment- 2019

cj2018
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:14 am

Re: Barrie Fire Recruitment- 2019

Postby cj2018 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:47 pm

Firechick95 wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:30 pm
nothing here yet, anyone else here anything? how many hiring etc?
I believe they were planning to hire 7. But like I said, this recruitment has been postponed.

sparky2018
Posts: 116
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:00 pm

Re: Barrie Fire Recruitment- 2019

Postby sparky2018 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:06 pm

cj2018 wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:47 pm
Firechick95 wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:30 pm
nothing here yet, anyone else here anything? how many hiring etc?
I believe they were planning to hire 7. But like I said, this recruitment has been postponed.
If that's true, I wonder if that means they'll scrap these applications and announce another recruitment or if they'll just be making calls later in the year or something.

cj2018
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:14 am

Re: Barrie Fire Recruitment- 2019

Postby cj2018 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:39 pm

sparky2018 wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:06 pm
cj2018 wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:47 pm
Firechick95 wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:30 pm
nothing here yet, anyone else here anything? how many hiring etc?
I believe they were planning to hire 7. But like I said, this recruitment has been postponed.
If that's true, I wonder if that means they'll scrap these applications and announce another recruitment or if they'll just be making calls later in the year or something.
My thoughts exactly. A friend of mine spoke with HR and apparently they told her that they're still reviewing applications. Your guess is as good as mine at this point!

bigsmoke
Posts: 306
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:33 pm

Re: Barrie Fire Recruitment- 2019

Postby bigsmoke » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:16 pm

There is some delay for a few reasons. However, they are still (at this point) planning on holding interviews. No timeline but I would say before summer.

As we know things can change.....
Good luck everyone

cj2018
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:14 am

Re: Barrie Fire Recruitment- 2019

Postby cj2018 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:21 am

bigsmoke wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:16 pm
There is some delay for a few reasons. However, they are still (at this point) planning on holding interviews. No timeline but I would say before summer.

As we know things can change.....
Good luck everyone
Thanks for the update big smoke. Here’s to hoping you’re right about it being before summer!

Dunc94
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:33 pm

Re: Barrie Fire Recruitment- 2019

Postby Dunc94 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:51 am

I heard the hires have been selected and they are waiting on meds. Any truth to this?

cj2018
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:14 am

Re: Barrie Fire Recruitment- 2019

Postby cj2018 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:05 am

Dunc94 wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:51 am
I heard the hires have been selected and they are waiting on meds. Any truth to this?
Did you hear this from HR? I didn’t think they had even reached out for interviews yet, unless they hired internally only.

I hope you’re wrong, personally, but if it’s true then congratulations to those who were selected.

LilSparky
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 11:17 am

Re: Barrie Fire Recruitment- 2019

Postby LilSparky » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:11 am

I havent heard of anything being sent out yet

Dunc94
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:33 pm

Re: Barrie Fire Recruitment- 2019

Postby Dunc94 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:49 am

cj2018 wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:05 am
Dunc94 wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:51 am
I heard the hires have been selected and they are waiting on meds. Any truth to this?
Did you hear this from HR? I didn’t think they had even reached out for interviews yet, unless they hired internally only.

I hope you’re wrong, personally, but if it’s true then congratulations to those who were selected.
Not HR but someone connected. I was looking to see if anyone can confirm or heard the same.
Best of luck to all applying.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 25 guests