Toronto 2020

FutureFF2019

Re: Toronto 2020

Postby FutureFF2019 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:11 am

I applied in June of 2019 and never got an interview. I’d guess I was screened out.

Would they be conducting anymore interviews for this August class or just draw from those who moved further in the process?

industrialfirefighter

Postby industrialfirefighter » Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:41 pm

FutureFF2019 wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:11 am
I applied in June of 2019 and never got an interview. I’d guess I was screened out.

Would they be conducting anymore interviews for this August class or just draw from those who moved further in the process?

I would say based on the email that from the union that went out to TFS members, the 48 people for the August/September class have been picked. They are passed the interview stage for class, and will be moving on to putting people threw medicals, drivers checks, criminal history checks, and references. There are a few other departments that posted recently, you could focus on those. Also, I would suggest focusing of related experience, courses (prob online cause of COVID), and interview prep. As well as getting ready for OFAI or other testing processes.

17-O

Postby 17-O » Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:44 pm

These days it’s all about how you write your resume, no doubt you need courses to give your certificates an edge over other candidates. Where is a few websites that You can copy and paste the “job description” and copy and paste your resume and the site will grade how poor/ good your resume is. No two resumes should ever be the same. All cities ask for different qualifications or they word the requirements differently which means you need to word your resume the way they want it. If you have a high score from these websites that grade your resume, you’ll definitely increase your chances on an interview.

industrialfirefighter

Postby industrialfirefighter » Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:10 pm

17-O wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:44 pm
These days it’s all about how you write your resume, no doubt you need courses to give your certificates an edge over other candidates. Where is a few websites that You can copy and paste the “job description” and copy and paste your resume and the site will grade how poor/ good your resume is. No two resumes should ever be the same. All cities ask for different qualifications or they word the requirements differently which means you need to word your resume the way they want it. If you have a high score from these websites that grade your resume, you’ll definitely increase your chances on an interview.
Absolutely, great advise for candidates! Jobscan.ca is a pretty good one.

bigsmoke

Postby bigsmoke » Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:26 pm

TFS is entertaining start dates. August 17th is the latest start date they prefer due to scheduling.

The class has been selected, with a few to complete medicals.

Recruitment possibly in September

Firemon89

Postby Firemon89 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:31 pm

Awesome thanks for the info Bigsmoke! Any idea what they will do with the OFAI situation?

industrialfirefighter

Postby industrialfirefighter » Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:57 pm

bigsmoke wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:26 pm
TFS is entertaining start dates. August 17th is the latest start date they prefer due to scheduling.

Hey Bigsmoke,

Thank you very much for keeping us in the loop! Helps more than you could imagine. For the candidates waiting for their medicals, and I understand the dates are not firm, when do you think they would hear anything?

Thank again!

bigsmoke

Postby bigsmoke » Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:04 pm

industrialfirefighter wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:57 pm
bigsmoke wrote:

Hey Bigsmoke,

Thank you very much for keeping us in the loop! Helps more than you could imagine. For the candidates waiting for their medicals, and I understand the dates are not firm, when do you think they would hear anything?

Thank again!
I wish I could give you a firm answer. If the Mid to late August start date is still a target. then my suggestion would be soon.
It takes some time to schedule etc. But, I know the Doctor is extremely busy and also with NHL starting camps that will take some time from him too.

If I hear anything more firm I will post it on here!!
Hang in there.

industrialfirefighter

Postby industrialfirefighter » Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:55 pm

bigsmoke wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:04 pm
industrialfirefighter wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:57 pm
bigsmoke wrote:

Hey Bigsmoke,

Thank again!
I wish I could give you a firm answer. If the Mid to late August start date is still a target. then my suggestion would be soon.
It takes some time to schedule etc. But, I know the Doctor is extremely busy and also with NHL starting camps that will take some time from him too.

If I hear anything more firm I will post it on here!!
Hang in there.
I appreciate you replying, hearing anything always offers some peace of mind.

Thanks again, look forward to hearing from you.

FireCand88

Postby FireCand88 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:28 am

Any updates on the fall class after the budget cuts? Any info is always appreciated. Thanks!